5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

93 Reborn Build

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 02:04 PM
holyshift
3rd Gear Member

Sounds good man,what cam ya got in there?
Old 06-27-2010, 02:51 PM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Lunati Bracket Master II

.512 lift 292 duration 110 LSA
Old 07-12-2010, 11:49 PM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Just got back from my vacation from indiana. I picked up a GT wing for $20 bucks and a set of 3.73's for trading an extra optima battery I had. I also brought my brother back with me from Indiana for the week so I have had an extra hand over the last 2 days. I am working on getting the car ready for inspection and trying to get that done this week. Today we have accomplished:

mounting my GT wing I got while I was home
Figuring out my reverse light problem
a little carb tuning
adjusting the rear brakes
mounted the horn finally and driver inner fender well
bolted up the rear sway bar
doing a doughnut in an intersection.........

Tomorrow we are fabbing up the battery mount and dropping the tank and bolting it in. I am also getting a dash, hvac box, and an instrument cluster from a 93 4banger tomorrow morning so I will finally have a dash! We will get that installed also and then I can get some more pics up of a cleaner car lol.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:25 AM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

noice!! keep up the good work.

im dismantling my nose again to do some paintwork....
Old 07-13-2010, 08:20 AM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Originally Posted by Shelty
noice!! keep up the good work.

im dismantling my nose again to do some paintwork....
Did you finally get another cobra insert for the new nose?
Old 07-13-2010, 10:33 PM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Spent most of the day out in the garage again today tinkering with the car. I was supposed to go pick up the dash but the guy never answered my calls or texts.
So I spent the day:

wiring up the choke
installing the passenger splash shield
did alot of joy riding in the area
installed the front sway bar
more carb tuning
zip tied the rest of my gauges up to half *** mount them
made some minor toe adjustments
hooked up my door speakers

After hooking up the front sway bar I felt a TON of difference on how flat the front through the corners and regular turning. I have also come to realize how much my rear end walks back and forth through the corners. I am starting to build up some rubber on the inner quarter panel lip. That is a good inch or more of movement! The only thing that I know I need to do before I really go get the inspection is to permanently mount the battery. It is just bungie corded to the back against the tail lights right now.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:54 AM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by projectresto83
Did you finally get another cobra insert for the new nose?
yeah, i got that when i ordered the new headlight and corners back in jan. currently its the only painted piece. the paint I ordered is a perfect match.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:51 PM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

I am going to try and get the car inspected tomorrow! I got the battery mounted finally in the hatch with a small j bolt kit from the part store. Just to make the car look cleaner when it goes to get inspected I went ahead and pulled the dash out of the 83 and mounted it in the 93. It looks SO much better with something in it lol. So the only things I am going to do before I take it to the inspection is put some gas in the tank, polish the last 2 headlight pieces, mount the radio, and mount the tach in the heater control area since I am not running the controls. The only worry I have is if they look under and don't see any cats. I don't think I have ever seen the place I go look under the car anyway.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:22 PM
302army187
6th Gear Member

the place I have to get emission checked has a lil' mirror on a stick and looks under the car.

good luck getting the thing to pass!
Old 07-18-2010, 05:23 PM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

When I took it in the other day the guy did gig me on not having the cats. I did however already find a guy to borrow a stock h pipe on and its now installed. They gave me 15 days to have it reinspected again for free. The only other thing He didn't like was that the inside turn signals didn't work because I didn't have them hooked up. BUT I have also already made a adapter harness to go from the 93's cluster plugs to the 83's cluster. That way my illumination lights, the bright indicator, turn signals, and tach will work.

Upon removing my h-pipe I also found what I thought was an exhaust leak. My midpipe has a nice crack down it right by the H cross over. I have already tried to contact MAC about it since they have a 50k mile warranty on their parts but the tech department was already closed.

Quick Reply: 93 Reborn Build