5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Lil dilemma with my 82

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 05:47 PM
Skyler5.0
3rd Gear Member

Red face Lil dilemma with my 82

Ok so with my 91 one close to being finished, and my 84 getting nothing but interior work. Its just about time to turn my attention to the 82!

The problem is im not sure what i want to do with it! I mean i have an idea, but im not sure if its really what i want to do. So far what im thinking is i'm going to do a 6spd up grade but the motor im not so sure. I kinda want to do a mod motor with a blower (later down the road) but i really don't like the cost level.

On the other hand a 351 with a KB would give me the same smile and can be done cheaper then a mod motor. and still give them that blower whine that we love oh so much, (don't worry no ls motor will EVER find its way into my foxes) ...

Now on to color ... Oh boy!!!! So i really want to do a white car, but im starting to see alot of white foxes, but i thinking ALL white with black interior. Now i know a few of you are like (aw no man not all white) i thought that to, thats why it not going to be all white, but more like a white with dark shadow grey met for the trim and the cowl part for the hood an grill..

Or blue and im not sure what blue but it will be a lighter blue like electric blue met something in that level.. Or a orange met with the grey or black met trim... And last green! I have always loved deep emerald green met...

Wheels .... I love the new Gt 500 wheels so im hugging close to them. or a few other set that are aftermarket ...

Body Im thinking saleen kit with cobra wing. The reason?

Well after close thought an consideration of putting a true 93 cobra kit on the car, while keeping the gt fascia on it the trim would look all wrong! The only other option is to cut the kit just under the trim to maintain the OE gt trim, and mold it to the car... So with that i think its just easier to go with a saleen kit..

Purpose for this car??

This is a Street car that will have a balance of drag, road course, and cruiser. Meaning she WILL have ALL creature conforts heat/AC, Stereo, System.

For me having a race car that see's very little street time and more track time is not acceptable..

Yes i got to the track, but i cruise and do shows alot more. Rather its going to the store or just going for a few hr drive. I like having that choice.. So you guys get to see my plans, and hear my thoughts and now you get to help me decide what path to go on with it.

Thanks for hearing me out!!!
Old 02-14-2010, 06:22 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

your gonna hack up a perfectly good 82 GT nose? for a saleen kit?

damn sounds like a terrible idea...

why dont you just restore it, an 82 gt is hard to come by and one of the best looking 4 eyes...
Old 02-14-2010, 06:23 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

OP these are all personal preferences/decisions you must make based on what you like, you'll only get opinions for a response based on what each poster likes
Old 02-14-2010, 06:39 PM
Lazor05
2nd Gear Member

In my opinion leave the body alone. But if you are going to put a bumper on it pm me because I would be interested in buying the front bumper and trim
Old 02-14-2010, 06:49 PM
motorman524
MF Informant

Originally Posted by mjr46
OP these are all personal preferences/decisions you must make based on what you like, you'll only get opinions for a response based on what each poster likes
This

I'd have it the way I have mine.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:57 PM
Hollister Hoodlum
4th Gear Member

Sounds like we have a lot of the same taste... well somewhat, i want black fr500's for street. converting to 6 speed, and will be building a nice turbo setup on my 84... oh and its blue lol.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:04 PM
Skyler5.0
3rd Gear Member

Ok listen up, putting a saleen kit on that car will not hurt the car in any way shape or form the 82 front and trim is staying. It will look like something like this....

but all the interior will stay stock but all back and diffrent gauges

LOL its funny.. you picked on the saleen kit, but said nothing about all the suspension parts going in the car! Some of that stuff is not just bolted in.....
Attached Thumbnails Lil dilemma with my 82-dsc03821.jpg  

Last edited by Skyler5.0; 02-14-2010 at 09:08 PM.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:29 PM
Skyler5.0
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mjr46
i know i just wanted to get opions about what i was doing.

I have a clean stock 84 gt what all was done is wheels and suspension mods. My 91 lx was done the way i wanted it. The 82gt is a car i have wanted for a long time and is something that i saved from the crusher... I will post pics of it..
Attached Thumbnails Lil dilemma with my 82-82-gt-project-058.jpg   Lil dilemma with my 82-you-sob-012.jpg   Lil dilemma with my 82-82-gt-project-064.jpg   Lil dilemma with my 82-you-sob-059.jpg   Lil dilemma with my 82-82-gt-project-025.jpg  

Old 02-15-2010, 07:41 AM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

As long as there isn't alot of rust hiding under that primer you have a pretty good car to start with.

For your suspension I would get an Eibach kit since you want a comfortable ride along with some stranged adjustables to choose your setting. Other than get a pan hard bar and some MM control arms. Don't forget the subframe connectors either!