5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

updates "the 5.0 section is for tech only, not hp gains expected"

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 07:59 PM
mustang283
2nd Gear Member

Default updates "the 5.0 section is for tech only, not hp gains expected"

my 1991 mustang gt:
331 bottom end. x303 cam. stock heads. gt40 intake 3.73 gears....

(dont hate on the build, i just bought it, gonna change the HCI combo soon)

Since I've driven it (tranny went out) I DID:

Removed ALL AC stuff, Power steering relocation kit
WELD racing wheels, skinnis on front, 2755015 mickys on back
aluminum driveshaft, battery in hatch, Crazy *** weight reduction(back seat carpet sound deading all speakers back seatbelts radio front metal **** under front bumper fog lights spare tire. i mean its WAY over 100lbs of ****. prob like 250) aluminum radiator with electric fan. Promotion transmission with short throw(wont make difference jus sayin)

WIth all the above stuff, will i feel a difference in the seat of the pants when i drive it again?
Old 04-06-2010, 09:23 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

nope.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:43 PM
Bobert
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AdderMk2
nope.
+1

You would have been better to remove some weight from those heads while you had free time.

. . . get it?

As in porting the heads.

Its humorous because the weight removed from the heads would be minimal to what you've done, but the noticeably ( its a real word ) would be much larger.

Im just yanking your chain.

But you probs wont feel any difference. Its more of a satisfaction thing knowing you've done it.

Like is a battery relocation a hidden horse power gain - not at all.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:45 PM
kweb288
5th Gear Member

what you atlking about, gained 20hp from moving my battery to the trunk and those NOS stickers helped too!!!!!!!!

hahahaah
Old 04-07-2010, 01:14 AM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

a 331 with stock heads and an x cam? itll probably make less power then a stock motor. the weight reduction might compensate for the disaster you have under the hood.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:25 AM
kweb288
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by luckythirteen13
a 331 with stock heads and an x cam? itll probably make less power then a stock motor. the weight reduction might compensate for the disaster you have under the hood.
lol agreed, need to get rid of those heads man! get a nice set of trickflows, and a nice custom ground cam!
Old 04-07-2010, 05:16 PM
mustang283
2nd Gear Member

ok ok ok...

first to RETARTED moderator. THANK YOU FOR MOVING MY DAMN THREAD. THATS FINE. BUT DON't CHANGE THE TITLE TO ASK IF IT WOULD INCREASE THE HORSEPOWER TO MAKE ME LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT.

I WAS NOT ASKING ABOUT THE HORSEPOWER. SEAT OF THE PANTS FEEL.

AND ALSO, TO WHOEVER SAID THE HCI COMBO sucked. read the damn description, i already know that. im sorry, retarted people **** me off.

If you shed 200lbs from your car (plus the light weight rims) plus alum. drive shaft plus batt, in back. You really think it won't feel faster?

thanks everyone for the non retarted posts. idk im in a bad mood. mainly the mod pissed me off changing the intent of my thread title...
Old 04-07-2010, 06:29 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Before getting all bent out of shape, maybe you should read the section rules so you know where to post what info. That would alleviate further problems. Just a suggestion.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:54 PM
mustang283
2nd Gear Member

yeah im going to. Sorry about the post above.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:26 PM
Bobert
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustang283
ok ok ok...

first to RETARTED moderator. THANK YOU FOR MOVING MY DAMN THREAD. THATS FINE. BUT DON't CHANGE THE TITLE TO ASK IF IT WOULD INCREASE THE HORSEPOWER TO MAKE ME LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT.

I WAS NOT ASKING ABOUT THE HORSEPOWER. SEAT OF THE PANTS FEEL.

AND ALSO, TO WHOEVER SAID THE HCI COMBO sucked. read the damn description, i already know that. im sorry, retarted people **** me off.

If you shed 200lbs from your car (plus the light weight rims) plus alum. drive shaft plus batt, in back. You really think it won't feel faster?

thanks everyone for the non retarted posts. idk im in a bad mood. mainly the mod pissed me off changing the intent of my thread title...
Ok, the mod fk's with everyone's post when there in the wrong section.
Organization is key to life.
If you want a real life example - go put a 200lb person in your passenger seat. Drive around for an hour, take turns, accelerate, brake.
Take said person out of your car. Drive around some more, the amount of 'performance difference' you notice, is your gain.
Also, the passenger is a legit example. Weight distribution doesn't matter at this moment.

Lowering your car an inch will have a better 'distribution' factor then moving weight around.
I will go into hardcore physics and explain center of mass and weight distribution for you - if needed.
What you did is somethings that people generally do, just to have it off the check list.
If your going to reduce weight, or move it, then reduce all of it.
Im not saying start removing everything, im just saying thats the theory.

Id also like to point this out.

You spelled retarded wrong three times in your' angry' post.

Im not one for grammar, but this was very ironic.

Good day.

Quick Reply: updates "the 5.0 section is for tech only, not hp gains expected"