5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

The end of an Era....A done deal

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 09:12 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

wow...16 years. sad to see it go.

hopefully you won't eventually regret it.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:14 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

LOL you guys are a trip. Thanks though. Don't be sad for me. I have no regrets. It's been an awesome car and I've had my share of fun with it. I didn't NEED to sell it for financial reasons. I sold it b/c I no longer have the time I used to before I worked 2 jobs. I do that so I can pay our bills and be able to enjoy other things in life such as a new Harley. The money from the car will make a great down payment for the bike. I'm not going anywhere, I just haven't had the time to invest here on the forum. I pop in now and then, I just don't post anywhere near like I used to. MJR def picked up the slack there.

It's been a pleasure helping you guys out and I was only too happy to do it. I have learned a lot here to. There is a great wealth of knowledge here from many members.

CBurn, I am getting old and it's def starting to show. I ride my current bike every chance I get. It's a lot like how you guys feel about your stangs. You gotta remember though, I've been working on cars longer then a lot of you have been alive. It's just time for a change. Nothing more.

Bill, my wife still has her stang, for now. I've been trying to talk her into selling it. I think I'm winning the battle. Until then, I can drive it when ever I want. Who , knows, maybe we'll see you at CJ's this year. She has her own bike and has been riding for about 4 years now. I'm either going to lower my bike so she can step up into a bigger model or possible buy her a new one hence the sale of her stang. Hers sits in the driveway, undriven for the most part to.

So, I'm still around, just not as much.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:39 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by PRO50SC
. MJR def picked up the slack there.

Thanks for the compliment "B" My time will come soon enough, only mine won't be a bike venture.......
Old 06-19-2010, 10:32 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

would be good to see ya at cjs Bernie. my stangs currently not too pretty, but looks are not everything lol. tho i may have her front clip painted quick to look halfway decent. shes still in primer from my crash...
Old 06-20-2010, 12:43 AM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

i can respect that, change is a part of life. thats too bad tho, it was a really nice car
Old 06-20-2010, 02:58 AM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

Rocket 3 > Harley

while i do miss my harley i will buy a triumph rocket as my next bike 2.3 liters of win
Old 06-20-2010, 07:29 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Sad to see it go Bernie! You hopefully you get the new toy soon.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:17 AM
raven_ghostwolf
3rd Gear Member

WOW, I don't come on here that much lately and if it wasn't June I'd swear this was a well done April fools joke. I can't believe what I'm seeing here.
I came close to selling the 87 and ALL my extra parts a few months ago, so I can kinda understand the mind set. With me though I ended up buying a second fox. Hope you keep the wife's car though. Have fun with your new toys.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:45 AM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

I seen it on E-bay. I understand the change I have been there for the last few years in my life. I have been working on cars as long as you I am sure I feel your pain. I know the street bike thing is not for me so that is not a big worry but I like to fish and ride dirt bikes back in the day but I know I could not walk away from fast car still not yet. Good luck in what you do have fun. Now I wounder how much I can get for our car LOL..
Old 06-21-2010, 06:34 PM
68CSTANG
3rd Gear Member

I can relate. Every time I go to the drag strip I think of selling my car.

Looks like the vert is for sale now? Good luck with everything, and they are both nice cars BTW

Quick Reply: The end of an Era....A done deal