5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Guess my dynojet number please

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 11:28 PM
TrimDrip
FudgeDrip

Default Guess my dynojet number please

Or I guess I should say numbers from one pull. I had been having trouble with detonation at low rpm and keeping the car at a steady idle at times. Well, we made one pass and the stankin ac compressor locked up. Melted the brand new belt off the compressor pulley right in front of my eyes. So that problem was found.

Anyways, One pull
17 degrees total timing
12:1 air fuel ratio at the tailpipes

enigne is out of a 99 Mountaineer
cam from 93 HO motor
cobra rockers and intake
70mm throttle body
76mm (if I remember correctly, may be a 77mm) PMAS Maf
Power adder is a 1.5 kb with a 6lb pulley
also an electric fan
reman ac compressor with the actual bearing in the compressor, not the clutches locked up.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:44 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

I don't like to guess, just tell us
Old 11-14-2010, 08:28 AM
lizzyfan
Underboss

235 rwhp
Old 11-14-2010, 08:33 AM
TrimDrip
FudgeDrip

Originally Posted by mjr46
I don't like to guess, just tell us
No. Play my fun game naow!!!

Anyways, something else also was up because his tach deal only showed the pull to 4800. So there was an error on his part or my ignition box or maybe even my new clutch slipped and he thought it was maxed out and let out. I am thinking clutch because it did it to me on the road the other day.

Don't buy the zoom clutch with the kevlar pucks on it if your car makes 327 horsepower at 4800 rpm and 448 lbs. of torque off idle pretty much.

So how much power do you think the car made?

Last edited by TrimDrip; 11-14-2010 at 08:36 AM.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:58 AM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Originally Posted by TrimDrip
No. Play my fun game naow!!!

Anyways, something else also was up because his tach deal only showed the pull to 4800. So there was an error on his part or my ignition box or maybe even my new clutch slipped and he thought it was maxed out and let out. I am thinking clutch because it did it to me on the road the other day.

Don't buy the zoom clutch with the kevlar pucks on it if your car makes 327 horsepower at 4800 rpm and 448 lbs. of torque off idle pretty much.

So how much power do you think the car made?
I guess ^^^^^ lol. KB should throw in a set of tires for free with the amounts of torque they produce at very low RPM's! I would never buy a zoom clutch, no matter what they have in it.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:21 AM
TrimDrip
FudgeDrip

yeah, I was being cheap on the clutch. Problem is, I really don't have the cash to upgrade the clutch or flywheel because the next tune is scheduled to be Thanksgiving week.

This car was suppose to be a street car with a supercharger on it but, it is slowly getting to the point to where it might as well be a track car with all the money, time and just crap that goes wrong with it. Kinda makes me want to put it back original and start a different car.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:54 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

dang, good deal, it almost makes as much power as my 81 vw diesel
Old 11-14-2010, 10:30 AM
TrimDrip
FudgeDrip

thanks, lol

I just now computed in my brain that I can't afford to buy another clutch before next Monday so, I guess I will have to reschedule again. He will be pissed too since he was off that week. F my life
Old 11-14-2010, 11:31 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

credit card ftw^^^^^lol
Old 11-14-2010, 12:12 PM
TrimDrip
FudgeDrip

Sooo, how bout you all just send me monies

No really, serious time. You ever see how a show enough race car, like a funny car rolls a hundred feet or so after they do a burnout. I was told it was because of the brakes needing to warm up. Once they get warm after the warm up, they work like a champ.

I am pretty sure that it is carbon fiber brakes that do that but, it could be kevlar brakes???

So my serious time question is, is it possible that kevlar needs to warm up? We pulled it straight off the trailer and onto the dyno. Then made a pull.

I have had two wide open throttle pulls before the dyno time. Both times the car had been sitting a while. Once it slipped and the other, I was doing 135 before and still pulling.

So what do you think. Kevlar need warm-up? I know the install was right. The clutch was surfaced 6000 miles ago so I didn't have that done because it did still look smooth. I did use brake cleaner before the install. Also I haven't installed the quadrant yet and have been using the pull clutch pedal to the top to adjust and it seems about right. The clutch starts engaging just about as soon as I let it off the floor. Also new gaskets and seals that show no signs of leaks. So it all seems right.

Oh and here is da clutch. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ZZZ-HP48-1/

Quick Reply: Guess my dynojet number please