5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

first mustang!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 02:46 PM
5.0kid
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kweb288
lol good god guys! come on we were all here once!
i would say give him a chance before you rip him a new butt hole

Lets see some pics of this car man! And as stated above, but in a nicer tone, take it easy. You dont need to be slamming gears inbetween every light and loosing control of the car. Remember that snow and wet conditions dont go well with mustangs and rear wheel drive (usually)
GEEEZe is right I was 15 when i bought my mustang. My dad had always had fast cars (9's) all my life and I was used to the speed, he gave me the scare ya talk about wrapping things around a tree etc. From there I slowly learned how to handle the car driving normal at first and learning how to drive stick then after i was good with that, some 3rd gear pulls then 2nd and then first. After that I would get on it from a light here and there. Then i knew what the car would do and how it handled power input. Not every kid is a retard, though most of us are at that age i was just wise enough to know this with power can get away from ya. now look im 21 and going to be in the low 8's high 7's oh and i wont be driving it the first pass down the track that will be my dad making sure it launches straight
Old 12-27-2010, 02:51 PM
9redfox3
4th Gear Member

Welcome great Christmas gift too! Enjoy and lets see some pics ?
Old 12-27-2010, 04:06 PM
ProTrickVic
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 5.0kid
GEEEZe is right I was 15 when i bought my mustang. My dad had always had fast cars (9's) all my life and I was used to the speed, he gave me the scare ya talk about wrapping things around a tree etc. From there I slowly learned how to handle the car driving normal at first and learning how to drive stick then after i was good with that, some 3rd gear pulls then 2nd and then first. After that I would get on it from a light here and there. Then i knew what the car would do and how it handled power input. Not every kid is a retard, though most of us are at that age i was just wise enough to know this with power can get away from ya. now look im 21 and going to be in the low 8's high 7's oh and i wont be driving it the first pass down the track that will be my dad making sure it launches straight
so every child is raised like you?

anyways...where are the pics newby?
Old 12-27-2010, 04:26 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

i think i scared him away
Old 12-27-2010, 05:53 PM
kweb288
5th Gear Member

Lol I had my mustang 6 months after my 16 th b day and it has never been in an accident. Ticket? He'll ya, but no accidents! Ps I drove this car to school during the winters in IL and I was fine..... Guess it's how u r raised tho
Old 12-27-2010, 05:59 PM
enix187
3rd Gear Member

never got a ticket but wrecked my first mustang a week after i bought it, ditches come up quick, didn't really hurt the car. I went the way the car was pointing to get away before the cops showed up and had to turn around a couple miles down, I drove by two troopers standing on the side of the road looking at the ditch i was in as i drove past with a fog light hanging down.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:50 PM
93hatch306
2nd Gear Member

welcome to the Mustang world. first of all, prove all the doubters wrong...drive safe and keep yourself, everyone else and the car in one piece. second, post photos...everybody is nosy and wants to see what you drive.

I got my licence and my first Mustang in '86. In the 24 years since, I've had one car totaled...my white '90 GT that got t-boned by a girl running a red light. Stay safe and enjoy the new car.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:59 PM
5.0kid
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ProTrickVic
so every child is raised like you?

anyways...where are the pics newby?
I didn't say that I was implying that until he does something stupid he's just like the rest of us 40 year old guys could do the same thing first time they had some power
Old 12-27-2010, 11:08 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

. now look im 21 and going to be in the low 8's high 7's oh

I didn't say that I was implying that until he does something stupid he's just like the rest of us 40 year old guys could do the same thing first time they had some power

whoaaaaaaa there, you tain't earned the right yet to group yourself with 40 year olds, you're but halfway to that right, now me on the other hand...midlife crisis will soon be knockin' at the door..lol
Old 12-28-2010, 02:22 AM
TexasTanker19kilo20
Goldilocks

Welcome, and beware of where you post lol. Congrats on the Mustang. I am going to guess that 1 of 2 things might happen. 1 is your going to scare the crap out of yourself or 2 you will crash it, live and then go buy a nice slow car. Either way good luck and for your own safety learn your car before doing WOT.

Quick Reply: first mustang!!!