5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Need help purchasing a fox body

Old 03-17-2011, 02:43 PM
TheRebel
2nd Gear Member

Default Need help purchasing a fox body

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what this car might be worth before I buy it. Sorry I don't have pics to share so I know it is going to be hard but I'll see if I can get some.
88 Mustang GT auto w/T-Tops, stroker motor pushing 425 horse, 125 shot nitrous, alum. heads, BBK throttle body, headers, alum. 4 inch drive shaft, seven quart oil pan, American racing wheels. Car has 30,000 original mile according to the odometer and car fax. Not sure on the exact specs of the engine, heads, headers, or other bolt-ons but will try to get more info. Car is very clean. No damage to the outside and the interior is perfect. Car is a maroon on top and silver on the bottom.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:45 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

cant even come close to giving you an estimated worth, without a detailed list of all parts.... and pictures of course.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:36 PM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

well technically t-tops wernt offered in '88, but some were made. no one really knows how many... but they are super rare. some say it might only be like 100 cars... some say maybe 500 cars

between that and low miles... it sky rockets the value imo, as a guess??? $15k

BUT... the automatic sucks, and with that much hp it will break super quick. the stock aod cant even handle stock horsepower. but im thinking it might be a c4 now too

swapping the trans out makes the car not as original and that takes a bit away.

it's a hard choice.. i'd love a 88 t-top car, but will never own another aod car.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:13 PM
TrimDrip
FudgeDrip

I don't know, who takes a 30,000 mile car and hacks it up? It just seems way to nice since he could sell it, get really good money for it stock and find something else to work with.

Anyways, I would buy it for what it is worth. If the paint is all original and of course been garage kept, it should be worth a good chuck of change.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:18 PM
1988TTOP
4th Gear Member

well the whole ttop thing in 88 i have found about 800 were made in 88 the thing that sets them apart is the rear defrost that drops it down to about 400 made
Old 03-22-2011, 01:03 PM
TheRebel
2nd Gear Member

The deal fell through. The owner and I were working on a trade plus cash deal for my 06 but he decided he didn't want to owe any money and I don't blame him. Good news is I sold my car so now I'm looking for a new toy. Probably a 94 or 95 GT.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:36 PM
9redfox3
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TheRebel
The deal fell through. The owner and I were working on a trade plus cash deal for my 06 but he decided he didn't want to owe any money and I don't blame him. Good news is I sold my car so now I'm looking for a new toy. Probably a 94 or 95 GT.
Well cool you sold the car, now "****.... get a fox instead !
Old 03-22-2011, 02:00 PM
TheRebel
2nd Gear Member

Oh I would still like to have a fox body but they are kinda high in my area (Southeast MO) right now. I'm wanting to stay around the $5000 mark right now for a DD that I can build up later. I really need to concentrate on my 69 first. Also, I don't know much about fox bodies and don't know what to look for in a good one. I was told to check the gaps around the doors and hatch to see if the body had been twisted. What are some things to watch out for on the fox bodies? Any advantages of one year to the next on say a 88-93?
Old 03-22-2011, 02:59 PM
9redfox3
4th Gear Member

AdderMK2 got a real bad *** 94 gt for sale I think? but your going to be about $4k short I like the years of 89-92 foxes had 225 hp forged pistons.. What to look for you ask? Simple one that dosen't have the living crap kicked out of it! Dosen't have 5 different owners going all different direction on what they want to do with the car such has putting their hands on things they no nothing about making it worse, Things like that...Anyway if you find one take the car for a ride see how it drives,push it to the floor see if the car shakes or if the engine is misfiring ? Look underneath see what the floor panels look like check to see if the doors and hatch all close smooth or dragging? See if it's leaking oil any where or smoking also check the title to see if clear and get a carfax...Foxbody's are really nice if you can find the right one and that's getting harder and harder to find but you say u have $5k if your PATIENT enough your chances are good if you rush your going to buy somebody else headache!
Old 03-22-2011, 03:12 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

9redfox3... its a cobra

come up with a tad more cash, and its yours.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need help purchasing a fox body