Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang > 5.0L General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 03-10-2012, 09:35 PM   #11
9redfox3
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1993 mustang gt

Justin the upper intake of an original cobra port opening is 70mm from factory so the TB will match it. It's those ford racing cobra intakes from china that are only 65mm port opening.. I will keep you guys posted with my build/pictures...
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

[308,GT40 Heads,Cobra upper/lower Intakes,Accufab 70mm TB,1.7 Crane Rockers,255 Walbro,75mm 19lbs MAF,BBK Shorty Headers,High Flow Cats,Flowmaster 40's,3.55 Gears,Aluminum D/S,Tokico shocks/struts,MM Subframe Connectors.]
9redfox3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:42 AM   #12
9redfox3
4th Gear Member

Little update I picked up my Accufab 70mm throttle body,Walbro 255 fuel pump,found a great deal on a like new aluminum drive shaft on the corral for $130 shipped to my door and I just ordered new Maximum Motorsports Full Length Subframe Connectors from american muscle.com.I will be posting some pics here when I install the connectors in the next two weeks or so !

[308,GT40 Heads,Cobra upper/lower Intakes,Accufab 70mm TB,1.7 Crane Rockers,255 Walbro,75mm 19lbs MAF,BBK Shorty Headers,High Flow Cats,Flowmaster 40's,3.55 Gears,Aluminum D/S,Tokico shocks/struts,MM Subframe Connectors.]
Old 03-23-2012, 10:40 AM   #13
Tony71502
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1991 Ford Mustang

Those connectors are fun to install Hope you have a welder and a way of getting the car in the air while keeping the suspension loaded. Took me a day to fit/weld/paint mine. MM full lengths.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:31 PM   #14
9redfox3
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony71502 View Post
Those connectors are fun to install Hope you have a welder and a way of getting the car in the air while keeping the suspension loaded. Took me a day to fit/weld/paint mine. MM full lengths.
Oh ya we got some special ramps to drive the car up on and weld them in !

Old 03-25-2012, 04:56 PM   #15
rwdfan
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1999 Ford Mustang GT

If you have the engine out, I really would put some thought into a different cam. At least a good alphabet cam. Maybe port match the exhaust. Thats just me. Otherwise, sounds good to me!
Old 03-25-2012, 06:54 PM   #16
mjr46
Wal-mart lube/tire tech

Vehicle: 85 mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwdfan View Post
I really would put some thought into a different cam. At least a good alphabet cam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudegirl View Post
Be polite and cordial when you talk to them, as pissing off the guys that can help you is seldom a good idea.
mjr46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:12 PM   #17
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Vehicle: 83 GLX, 93 LX, 98 sixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr46 View Post
Lol..........

Opening up the exhaust side does help for those low lift numbers. A stock cam works just fine but of course there are some decent OTS options.
projectresto83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:49 AM   #18
rwdfan
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1999 Ford Mustang GT

Ok, the ford alphabet cams arent the best, but if hes going for a budget... I was also meaning a used alphabet cam, they can be had for cheap. Most people here in Commiefornia can only use alphabet cams for the most part due to smog restraints. Personally, I would get a custom ground cam if I could. But money is an option and for smog concerns, Ill just stick with an E303 cam. On the other side, I cant personally speak for them, but Ive heard a few people have liked the Summit brand cams. Plus, they are only 60$... I saw the guys on Powerblock using it in their four eyes. Anyone want to chime in on those?

Last edited by rwdfan; 03-26-2012 at 01:52 AM.
rwdfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:31 AM   #19
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Vehicle: 83 GLX, 93 LX, 98 sixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwdfan View Post
Ok, the ford alphabet cams arent the best, but if hes going for a budget... I was also meaning a used alphabet cam, they can be had for cheap. Most people here in Commiefornia can only use alphabet cams for the most part due to smog restraints. Personally, I would get a custom ground cam if I could. But money is an option and for smog concerns, Ill just stick with an E303 cam. On the other side, I cant personally speak for them, but Ive heard a few people have liked the Summit brand cams. Plus, they are only 60$... I saw the guys on Powerblock using it in their four eyes. Anyone want to chime in on those?

They used it because Summit is a sponsor......they get paid to talk highly about them. I would never use a summit cam in something I was actually gonna drive and be hard on. I don't like their power bands. There are cheap roller cams and there are cheap flat tappet cams that work well that are name brand.....

Lets put it this way, I just purchased a B cam for $40 a couple weeks ago...never been ran but it was installed in an engine and it sat so some of the lobes are pitted from rust... doesn't affect performance but it sounds like something is rubbing against something lol. I will deal with the noise of a decent cam before I would buy summit brand anything....plus this engine only has to last me through this summer anywho...gonna be building a 351w to put in it for next year
projectresto83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:45 PM   #20
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: '95 gt 347

I dont see why that setup wouldn't hit 250whp op. I also suggest some sort of a cam as well. the rockers will help but you'll be left wanting more. I'm sure you can find a good ots used cam for around $100, and i'm not talking the letter cams lol. Thats the one thing I hate about moving to the 4.6, heads and cams are $$$$$$$$$$

'03 cobra- 2.8 KB mammoth, 19lbs, bolt ons, rxt clutch, sra w/ 3.73's

654/546 whp/tq

Old setup - Ported eaton, 16lbs, minor bolt ons, sra, self tuned.

501/501 - 11.23@124
ctgreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:45 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2013, 50, build, corral, date, f3ze, ford, forums, gathering, gt, gt40, heads, mustang, pieces, thermactor