5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Anyone besides UPR sell chrome/stainless/polished radiator covers for a 1994??

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 10:52 AM
KidK9

Default Anyone besides UPR sell chrome/stainless/polished radiator covers for a 1994??

Does anyone know if any other company sells chrome/stainless/polished radiator covers for the 1994 Mustang? I ordered one from UPR 3 months ago and the thing is still on back order. I call every week to ask them and they ALWAYS say "2 more weeks"....and that has been since January.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:16 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

get your money back. The cover looks like **** in person, and doesn't fit right on our cars. I have one... it sucks!
Old 03-19-2012, 06:19 PM
holyshift
3rd Gear Member

Scottrodfab.com He makes something similar I believe. Give him a call.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:31 PM
5.0kid
5th Gear Member

deuces on scottrodfab
Old 03-20-2012, 05:48 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by KidK9
Does anyone know if any other company sells chrome/stainless/polished radiator covers for the 1994 Mustang? I ordered one from UPR 3 months ago and the thing is still on back order. I call every week to ask them and they ALWAYS say "2 more weeks"....and that has been since January.
The shop was closed when I caught this thread just now, so I emailed my boss to make sure he addresses it asap. I'm sorry about the delay.

Fwiw, I have one on my '89 (I know, not the same as your '94) and it's a nice piece.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:41 PM
KidK9

UPR, I appreciate your concern. However, it's a little too late IMO. I call WEEKLY and I'm given the same excuse. I was told yesterday that they would look into the "ETA" and call me back that same day. I believe I talked to "Brian". No call yesterday. No call today. I'm forced to look into other options. This is ridiculous. I had no idea that the economy was so strong that UPR could just ignore customers wishes since business was so good. Hell, I wish my business was that good!!!!
Old 03-21-2012, 12:25 PM
KidK9

Even better. So I go on to eBay to look for one of these units. I come across a seller selling 10 of them. Named BilletDepot. I buy one. I send a message today which is two days after I buy one asking if they have shipped it yet. I get a phone call from UPR today stating that they are on back order. I say..uh you are selling back ordered items on eBay? He says...well we didn't mean to, the post should be removed. Nice business practices UPR, nice business practices.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:16 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

I spoke to my boss about your situation today to find out what the heck is going on.

We have discontinued the stainless and are gearing up for aluminum. The earliest that the new covers would be ready will be 60 days. I am interested in who you spoke to that "was looking into it". If you're pretty sure it was Brian, I'll forward that info to my boss. I apologize for the terrible service thus far. Scotrod does make nice items if you are in a rush.

Has your credit card already been billed for this part?
Old 03-21-2012, 10:56 PM
KidK9

I spoke to Brian today. He swears he wasn't the person I talked to last week, but honestly, it doesn't matter. UPR is selling backordered parts on eBay. This is FRAUDULENT. I appreciate you looking into this however, when I order a part in the beginning of January and I'm told every week..."it's only 2 more weeks" and now you are telling me it won't be available until early June......DOESNT THAT STRIKE YOU AS A PROBLEM????? That's a 5 month wait!! That's one heck of a backorder. Listen, I'm not some high roller. I'm not THAT important. I'm an average guy that likes to make my Mustang look and drive better. However I probably have spent over $2000 with UPR in the last 5 months. Nothing big. I'm just an average consumer. But this is bad business. I own a business. If I treated my customers this way...I WOULDN'T HAVE ANY. I am now forced to take this openly to the forums and online. Since UPR doesn't want to do right by an average guy...well enjoy what you have created. I am happy to inform others as to my experience.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:57 PM
KidK9

Oh, and to answer your question....my credit card was billed. It was refunded after I spoke to Brian today and adamantly asked that it be refunded from the eBay purchase immediately.

Quick Reply: Anyone besides UPR sell chrome/stainless/polished radiator covers for a 1994??