5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

which throttle body and intake spacer?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 07:53 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

why are you hell bent on buying a spacer?
Old 03-21-2012, 08:49 PM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

With what you have an intake spacer isn't gonna help you out that much if at all. BUT after some mods then they can help out.......and you don't have enough of those yet....I would go with a 65mm TB over a 70mm with where you are at. Allow the air to smoothly funnel itself down a little and keep the velocity up instead of a big gulp and a big stop as soon as it hits the upper intake. BUT if you plan on upgrading the rest some what soon...within a year I guess...then you might as well just purchase it once.

Adder and Venom......both of you can calm down.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:10 PM
giosoccer20
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by projectresto83
With what you have an intake spacer isn't gonna help you out that much if at all. BUT after some mods then they can help out.......and you don't have enough of those yet....I would go with a 65mm TB over a 70mm with where you are at. Allow the air to smoothly funnel itself down a little and keep the velocity up instead of a big gulp and a big stop as soon as it hits the upper intake. BUT if you plan on upgrading the rest some what soon...within a year I guess...then you might as well just purchase it once.

Adder and Venom......both of you can calm down.
adder i'm not hell bent on anything, chill your bill, i've just been reading in some places that spacers can improve the feel in hp gain when getting a throttle body, that's all.

and projectresto83, thanks for your in depth input. so for now the 65mm will do? it'll have the same effect as a 70mm? and, for now, i dont see any other serious mods within a years time. I'm just thinking of getting a spacer since i'm going to be purchasing a new part anyways, it's only 40 freakin dollars afterall....if i get a stack racing TB over like a bbk, i'd be saving 40 bucks, and i can just use that and get a spacer
Old 03-21-2012, 09:16 PM
giosoccer20
1st Gear Member

oh and also venom had mentioned something about a larger diameter MAF, but then adder said that i should get a 70mm, but now after what i've heard, getting a 65mm TB has made a better case for itself, so is getting a larger diameter MAF something I should do?
Old 03-21-2012, 09:22 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Originally Posted by giosoccer20
I'm just thinking of getting a spacer since i'm going to be purchasing a new part anyways, it's only 40 freakin dollars afterall....if i get a stack racing TB over like a bbk, i'd be saving 40 bucks, and i can just use that and get a spacer
Oh. My. God. You really did go full retard. A spaced isn't going to net you any ****ing gains. Stop being a jackass. Post TB spacers are a complete fraud. The swirling effect that they claim is completely negated by the fact that there is a throttle plate right in front of it. Not to mention that it will cause a mis-alignment of your EGR.

MJR, Resto... Go right ahead and ban me. If the quality of member on this forum is going to be this retarded and thick headed, then I don't want to be here anymore.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:23 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

oh and also venom had mentioned something about a larger diameter MAF, but then adder said that i should get a 70mm, but now after what i've heard, getting a 65mm TB has made a better case for itself, so is getting a larger diameter MAF something I should do?
I didn't say you should GET a 70mm MAF. I said you already have one. It's stock. Jesus ****
Old 03-21-2012, 09:30 PM
giosoccer20
1st Gear Member

what is with this guy??? ^^^
Old 03-21-2012, 09:31 PM
giosoccer20
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by AdderMk2
70mm would be fine. But there is no reason to get a spacer.
and i'm pretty sure this meant that i should get a 70mm TB....
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Adder....you know this isn't the only person/thread that you have gone a little too far or just been a total *** to others.... its nothing new to you and you have known this...

Also....I do believe the OP is talking about getting a spacer for the upper to lower intake...which has NOTHING to do with a swirling effect.....this is not the Turbonator...

OP, get the 65mm TB, you already have a 70mm MAF so until you change out injectors (after you go with bigger heads) you do not need to change out the MAF. Get a professional products or that one you posted about. Both are decent for the price. No reason to spend a bunch of money...I do not know if the explorer 65mm is able to be used on the 94/95 like it is on a fox but if it is that would be a much cheaper alternative...
AdderMk2
Banned

what is with this guy??? ^^^
im sick of dip****s like you asking a question, getting a completely valid and correct answer, and just dismissing it. Just because you read a paid advertisement in a magazine, doesn't mean you should jump and buy a product

IM TYING TO SAVE YOU SOME MONEY ********! Say thank you.

Quick Reply: which throttle body and intake spacer?