Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang > 5.0L General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 04-01-2012, 02:32 PM   #11
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1995 mustang GT
ItsUrFuneral

Having different sets of tires laying around just to make a road trip is crazy. Gotta figure out what your building. A race car or a street car then figure out the gear/tire combo.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
ENGINE363 fully forged dart engine on the way with more spray!TRANNY C4 with trans brake, 3800 stall, 9in. raceconverter, hurst shifter REAR Moser 35 spline kit with spool, FRPP 3.73 gearsSUSPENION UPR pro street Uppers & lower control arms, Strange 10 way dampers, coilovers up front, BBK sub frame connectors, UPR Tube K-member & A-arms10.57@123.9 (OLD 5.0)
2011 CamaroSS 12.34@110.92
bluebeastsrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #12
5.0kid
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 92 LX ALL MOTOR NIGHTMARE
murse fuelslut92
Send a message via AIM to 5.0kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobert View Post
wait bob, i understand you supporting the 4.10s

but i never thought youd frown on a 4.56 haha, your all about the high dig gears!

Op i agree with the rest, 4.30s if you want, 4.56+ are really only available for the hcore trailer queens *5.oh kid * *cough cough*

but if you can deal with the lack of road efficiency and run a tall tall tire when needed go for it.

going from 3.73 to 4.10s is kind of a unnecessary stretch, but if you have the time, eh why not
F*** I wish this thing was a trailer queen, shes dirty as hell and sees the street often. I just gave up caring about comfort or mileage lol. Its all about what one is willing to give up for something. In all honesty 4.30s are the max I would go for a street car

Its all about the team and I've got a good one.
7.94 @ 171.09 3140lbs. Cast Intake, single four.

585ci texas prostock power
Uratchko Racing Engines
SLICK RICK HEADS
SKINNY KID RACE CARS.
5.0kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:47 PM   #13
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1993 notch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobert View Post
wait bob, i understand you supporting the 4.10s

but i never thought youd frown on a 4.56 haha, your all about the high dig gears!
haha yes i am....BUT !

a stockish 5.0 WILL run out of gear for sure at a 1/4 mile with 4.56 and a 26" tire, they just dont have the rpm to support the gears

i like a 5200 shift lite, by the time you complete the shift you probably banged it right at 5500

any higher and youll start slowing down

besides....most cars will rub on 28's if they dont massage the wheel wells a bit, even if they are not lowered at all so making up gear V tire size to cure overgear isnt the best way to go

and i have seen 100% stock 5.0's on a little smack with 4.10's yank the tires about an easy 6"

thats just NOT gonna happen with anything less. no way no how

nitrous oxide is proof there is a GOD and he wants us to be happy
nitrous_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:47 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
18, 347, 410, 456, 50, 5speed, foxbody, gears, good, mile, mustang, qtr, sn95, speed, top