Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang > 5.0L General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 04-02-2012, 01:31 PM   #1
88GTBLACK
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1988 Ford Mustang GT
Default sn95 S TRIM DYNO RESULTS

371 whp ran out of fuel. thru AODE

stock pump+t rex

Setup: Vortech V1 S trim stock pulley with AFM power pipe.

ARP headstuds

gt40P with minor bowl blending, gt40 fully ported lower

Scorpion 1.72s with stock cam.

xploder upper

75mm TB with elbow.

MSD digital 6AL

MAC POS headers that SUCK and plug boots rest on header. and they dont fit...thats a sore subject.

Made 13.68 psi but ran lean up top. Need 255 walbro and ill get rid of TREX pump.

STOCK SN95 LONG BLOCK!!

I'm scared. Power should be higher and boost should be lower. What gives?

should i eliminate the sn95 elbow and do a fox TB swap? Why is boost so high and power so low?

Also spark plug tubes hit the header on #8 cyl. No way around it. already have 90 boots.

Will taylor wires with the weird ends on em help? or should i bite the bullet and get new headers.

Any advice is appreciated.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Old 04-02-2012, 02:47 PM   #2
mjr46
Wal-mart lube/tire tech

Vehicle: 85 mustang

boost is a measurement of restriction........you're using stock ford oem parts also factor in the auto tranny

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudegirl View Post
Be polite and cordial when you talk to them, as pissing off the guys that can help you is seldom a good idea.
mjr46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #3
drhoward
Dr. Integrity

Vehicle: 1994 Mustang Super Special Hooker Edition GT

Depends on the dyno as well, they all read a little different

Quote:
Originally Posted by redass02gt View Post
even if I had *****, I wouldn't know what to do with them.
Pictures of my Deck!
drhoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:07 PM   #4
5.0kid
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 92 LX ALL MOTOR NIGHTMARE
murse fuelslut92
Send a message via AIM to 5.0kid

Dont worry about dyno numbers, I thought I was king around my area when I hit 509rwhp through a stick. Then I went to an auto re ran it on the dyno with no changes beside the auto swap it dropped to 386 hp at the rear wheels. Big deal right? Nope went out running 10.40s, dynos are meant as a tool to get a tune for driving in. Dont worry about those numbers they are pretty good

Its all about the team and I've got a good one.
7.94 @ 171.09 3140lbs. Cast Intake, single four.

585ci texas prostock power
Uratchko Racing Engines
SLICK RICK HEADS
SKINNY KID RACE CARS.
5.0kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:14 PM   #5
TrimDrip
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 93, ford, mustang lx

I don't understand 302s being safe in the 450hp at the wheels range when 509=386. Know what I mean?

I got an old magazine of a built 302 lasting 2 seasons at 480 at the wheels through an automatic. With those conversion numbers to a stick, that was over 600 to the wheels.

It is strange though that you have an advertised 8-10 psi pulley on a stock engine making 13+
I guess the powerpipe is doing it?

Last edited by TrimDrip; 04-04-2012 at 11:19 PM.
TrimDrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #6
holyshift
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1988,Ford,Mustang

Your heads arent helping....lots of restriction there. Like 5.0kid said,dont worry about it,just numbers.

88 Hatch,Long Rod 308(Scat crank,Oliver Rods,JE Pistons,9.7:1 comp),GT40 SVO Heads,Crane Cam,1.7 rockers,Port matched Vic Jr,650 Holley,plate kit,4r70w,custom converter,Best ET to date: 10.84 @122mph with a 1.45 60'.63n/51f
Yea Dude Racing Big Kid Racing
February 2012 UPR Ride of the Month
holyshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:48 PM   #7
88GTBLACK
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1988 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrimDrip View Post
I don't understand 302s being safe in the 450hp at the wheels range when 509=386. Know what I mean?

I got an old magazine of a built 302 lasting 2 seasons at 480 at the wheels through an automatic. With those conversion numbers to a stick, that was over 600 to the wheels.

It is strange though that you have an advertised 8-10 psi pulley on a stock engine making 13+
I guess the powerpipe is doing it?
Yeah it has to be. Plus the restrictive gt40p even though theyre lightly ported. Ideally id like to see velocity over boost pressure. I blew a lower intake gasket so ill report back next dyno session.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:21 AM   #8
uedlose
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 89 mustang

Like they are saying we dont race dynos. Now if you are building a dyno queen then we understand. but they are just numbers I seen a VW GTI the other night make 527 at the wheels with a 2.0 turbo engine and a stick made more the my friends 451cid mopar with a glide it made 450 at the wheels my friend runs 10.25 the VW well it runs 11.40 fast but still. dont worry about the numbers run the car.
They also make heat boots to put over the wires to save burning them up I just put a couple on a customer of mine due to his burning wires with the p heads
Old 04-07-2012, 08:51 AM   #9
TrimDrip
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 93, ford, mustang lx

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88GTBLACK View Post
Yeah it has to be. Plus the restrictive gt40p even though theyre lightly ported. Ideally id like to see velocity over boost pressure. I blew a lower intake gasket so ill report back next dyno session.
Yeah the powerpipe must be doing alot. I understand the p heads are restrictive but, the stock pulley is meant to be 8-10 pounds on a stock motor.

For intake gaskets I used the 1250s-3. They are high but have a steel layer in them. They have been holding good so far. I even re-used them on my new motor being left over from my gt40p kenne bell engine.
TrimDrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:51 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
95, carbureted, diablosport, dyno, gt40, mustang, numbers, running, s197, sn95, stereo, stock, trade, trim, turbo