5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Subframe connectors, best bang for the buck??

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 07:40 PM
AntiRiceRacing
2nd Gear Member

Default Subframe connectors, best bang for the buck??

Looking to buy some subframe connectors (prefer full length), and some torque box plates, what brand is the "best bang for the buck", or is a subframe connector a subframe connector?
Old 04-07-2012, 08:21 PM
mustangGT86_05
3rd Gear Member

A lot of people say can't beat maximum motorsports. I got a nice deal on ford racing ones which are tubular, they are bolt ins but I had them welded in and they are very strong. But, the fr ones are very hard to find
Old 04-07-2012, 09:48 PM
9redfox3
4th Gear Member

Get Full length Max Motorsports weld In !I just installed mine today great product fit perfect with no issues here's a pic !
Old 04-08-2012, 01:27 AM
tinman
5th Gear Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^+1^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 04-08-2012, 03:22 AM
Five0hFox
3rd Gear Member

I've got a set of the MM full lengths on their way right now. Should be here Tuesday and getting them installed this week.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:23 AM
5.0kid
5th Gear Member

The racecraft or team z through the floor subframes are the best way to go, a little more money and a lot more labor to put them in but if you plan on increasing power in the future its your best bet
Old 04-09-2012, 07:51 PM
tomaschurizoe

word to the wize: Even if you have the material laying around, dont make your own sfc's (if you haven't done it before). it took me a week! I could probly make a pair of sfc's in 1 day now that I know exactly what to expect. If your gonna do it right though, It's more than just angle cutting a bar and tacking it up. I'd pay $100 EACH for sfc next time, before I decide to make my own again.
But home made battle boxes are CAKE if you can weld. I just copied some install instructions I found online that had all the measurements!
Old 04-09-2012, 08:38 PM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

We have sold many of the Steeda Full Length Subframe connectors and have many positive reviews on the board and our website. Dario knows these Mustangs like the back of his hand.

http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-f...d-mustang.html

This is a great product and definitely a great bang for your buck. PM if you have any questions or need forum pricing.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 04-10-2012, 05:19 PM
ITALIANO66669
2nd Gear Member

i thought i read somewhere.maybe it was a mustang magazine.they said full length subframe connectors are more prone to flex than standard length.
and definetely stay away from bolt ons unless you are welding too they will flex and waddle out bolt holes.
when i get mine either way im going maximum motorsports too,
Old 04-10-2012, 05:54 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by AntiRiceRacing
Looking to buy some subframe connectors (prefer full length), and some torque box plates, what brand is the "best bang for the buck", or is a subframe connector a subframe connector?
Full length subframe connectors:
http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-f...onnectors.html

Torque Box reinforcements:
http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-h...e-box-kit.html

^^Best bang for the buck!

Plus they are Made in America, carry a Lifetime Guarantee, and MF.com members get a 10% discount off of those prices.

Quick Reply: Subframe connectors, best bang for the buck??