5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

New project!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 05:37 AM
lovemygt
2nd Gear Member

Default New project!

Well I decided that it's time for a new project! This one might be a bit of a challenge though...I'm living in England unto 2014. My brother picked the car up for me last night and rolled it into a storage unit. It's a 1988 GT...stole it for $750. It took me quite a while to find a car that was right for me but I saw it on craigslist this weekend. I wanted a hatch 5 speed that had the engine and tranny with the car. The body had to be rust free and the interior could NOT be red. This car doesn’t run but that’s not a big deal...the Engine and tranny are going to be gone through anyway. I'm obviously not going to be able to do as much of the work myself as I have on my past projects. That being said...it will probably turn out way better haha. My plan for the car is to have the engine, tranny and rear end done first. I'm looking to try to make around 400 RWHP. My original plan was to call a speed shop around Chicago for advice. Any free advice from you kind folks would be very much appreciated too! N/A or blown...it doesn’t matter. What’s the best way to make 400 RWHP for the cheapest price. I was thinking a stroker with a supercharger.

After is running how I want it to it's going to go in for paint. It's white right now and I'm thinking about leaving it. The interior also needs replaced but I think I'm going to do that myself. I'll try to find some nice leather seats.

Anyway, I've been saving for quite a while for this project and I'd really like some opinions or suggestions.

My last mustang project turned out pretty well but it was more of a restoration. This time I plan on keeping the car for a LONG time so I want to make it mine if you know what I mean.