5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Mint 7UP with Salvage Title

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 08:35 AM
mebirkle
1st Gear Member

Default Mint 7UP with Salvage Title

Hi, I may be buying a 7-up car for $6500 today and would like last minute feedback for the group.

It's 1990 LX vert 5 speed with 72k miles on it and it has a salvage history. Supposedly hit in the door and salvaged. This car is far due to the 5 speed per the collector and he states that salvage is no big deal.

The car looks flawless body-wise with recent re-paint, new canvas top, and new cobra chrome wheels/tires (a little wide for my taste). It also has a brand new 3k leather interior. Looks awesome.

How do I treat the salvage history? Should it impact price?

Here is a link to Craig's list for your reference.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/3395525671.html

I forgot to get the vin so I will get it before heading over today for the purchase so I can run a vin check on it. I hope it won't have issues at NCDMV getting it on the the road.

Thanks everyone... Lookin forward to finally be a member if this group.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:30 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

"MINT" and "SALVAGE TITLE" rarely work out well together.

Unless you know who did the work, there could be a lot of little things not fixed/hidden.

Salvage title will always knock money off the price right off the bat. Registration varies between states, and some make you jump extra hoops to get it on the road. Some insurance companies have issues insuring them as well. One thing to check is that they'll pay you the full value and not an 'adjusted value' due to the rebuilt title. Just make sure you check everything out before signing your name to it.

Just read the full ad and would suggest half the price or avoid it all together. You can't claim "ALL ORIGINAL" in the ad if it's had enough damage done/rebuilt to justify a salvage title. "Due to door replacement" is shady as well. Why was it replaced? If it was just to fix rust or something, you don't get a rebuilt title. You get those for major structural damage - like being hit/totalled at some point.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:43 PM
Nick V.
2nd Gear Member

...whats a 7-up car?
Name:  7up.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  29.1 KB
Old 11-26-2012, 01:07 PM
scott4.6
2nd Gear Member

Manz ima gonna getz me a pepsi caar manz,shiiit. lol
Old 11-26-2012, 01:27 PM
manganos

There is one for sale in the Richmond, VA craigslist. It is the "7-up" green with white vinyl top.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:53 PM
Nick V.
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by manganos
There is one for sale in the Richmond, VA craigslist. It is the "7-up" green with white vinyl top.

ooooohhh. gotchya.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:56 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Wrong section, moving.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:23 PM
mebirkle
1st Gear Member

Well, just got home with it. I guess that would make me a dumbass. The car really is quite nice with the brand new interior, paint, wheels, etc. My instincts told me to jump all over it so I did. The PO provided pictures of the body with all of the interior out and there were no signs of damage to the drivers side rails, pans, etc. He spent 3K on interior alone.

I can't find any evidence of an accident except that I know the driver's door was replaced. You can tell it was a different color prior to repaint.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:43 PM
manganos

Congrats on your purchase. It is your money you buy what you want and most importantly have fun.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:16 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Post some pictures.

Quick Reply: Mint 7UP with Salvage Title