5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Doubting foxbodys/Impression that fox's are slow.

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 11:18 PM
IvanFiveLiter
1st Gear Member

Default Doubting foxbodys/Impression that fox's are slow.

This may seem a like a pointless post but i was just B-S ing on youtube searching stuff up and some video with a stock 5.0 racing a slightly modded mazda speed 3. I found some of the arguments with people quite interesting and controversal. I saw this comment and i thought to myself some people dont know their stuff. Here it is---

Stop aruguing about foxbodys. Their is not alot they can beat stock or even with a mild H/C/I setup. Foxbodys look and sound great but have no power to back it up. The best thing you can do to a fox is look in the aftermarket for a longblock swap or if you want to keep it Ford a nice 351w should give it some bite. 220hp (or however much, still sucks) doesn't cut it.

I can name over 10 cars that a h/c/i and or full bolt on fox can beat whether the newer car be stock or modded. The new 2013 M3 runs a best of 12.4 in the 1/4 with the dct tranny and will ru nyou around 80 grand with all the options. i always think to myself its so much cheaper to build a fast older car than buy a newer one. Just wanna start some convo thread feel free to speak your mind and thoughts.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:36 AM
94redGTConv
2nd Gear Member

Completely agree, probably a person who has never worked on anything bigger then a v6.

Posted from MustangForums.com App for Android
Old 12-10-2012, 01:06 AM
Dj_Seph
4th Gear Member

My stock fox ran a 14.6. Plenty fast to beat most normal cars out there. Put on exhaust, GT40p heads, 3.73 gears, and removed smog equipment with advanced timing put me in low-mid 13s depending on weather. Those mods can be all had for under 1k. So average fox body price+1k=quite the bargain in performance.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:51 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

not tech, thread moved, read forum section posting rules thank you
Old 12-10-2012, 07:08 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

you must be new to youtube....... haha.

go to my channel. read some of the pure hatred on my videos. It's quite entertaining.

one person will talk about my car as if its the best thing they have ever seen, the next will tell me there jetta/tempo/etc is better looking/faster, ETC
Old 12-10-2012, 10:41 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

I always thought its a known fact that that you can't beat a foxbody for going fast on the cheap. Picked mine up 3 yrs ago for $1500 with fresh motor and all bolt ons. Jumped on craigslist, picked up all parts for a T-5 swap, set of Weld big & littles, did all work myself, and $750 later. Second time to the track knocked off a 12.4 @109. And that's running thru worked over E7s. Best bang for your buck I've ever had.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:54 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Youtube is just a place for haters to hang out. When I drove my SRT-4 I had blockheads in mustangs talk ****. Now I'll have ricers talking ****. If it's a performance car, I'm down with it. At least it's not a prius in my book so I dont hate.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:43 PM
DaBears1983
1st Gear Member

Haters will be haters in my opinion...I've always said that anything can beat anything if you have the cash
Old 12-10-2012, 10:02 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

I know this is the 5.0 section but dont forget out the SVO's. Those little 2.3 Turbos were really fast too. Put a bigger turbo/IC and you can really fly. But like DaBears said

Matthew
Old 12-10-2012, 10:42 PM
IvanFiveLiter
1st Gear Member

lol its actually kinda the opposite. Ive been watching tons and tons of videos of all kinds of cars with performance mostly mustangs though lol . Im new to this this forum i always see people talking **** left and right so i just said why not grab this and see what dudes on the forums would say you know? Im actually the only guy in my group of friends that are into cars and build them that has an american car. I notice the people with imports,jdm, or japanese cars however you wanna call em dont even talk teh ****, its more of other owners with V8's and other exotic cars. Luckily all my friends are more of enthusiasts for cars. If the car is fast we dont give a **** what it is whether it be a shopping car or a ferrari lol. In my town and area the rivals are more of the richer kids aging anywhere from 16-24 that have a lot of money and not a lot of brains are they just get spoiled by their parents and get expensive new model cars anywhere from bmw's- new imports or domestics. My friend that builds and does my work has an integra thats a track car and runs low 11's all day on very low boost and 93 octane. Were going to find out what it runs on high boost and race gas this summer. My main point ( igot way off topic) i notice nowadays its more of our own kind that thrashes our cars. I apolgize if i made typos or didnt make sense in sentences for everyone whose gunna read this im tired and running off fumes as i type this!

Quick Reply: Doubting foxbodys/Impression that fox's are slow.