5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Installed drivers power seat tracks in '90 LX

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 02:21 PM
Roger Mabry
1st Gear Member

Default Installed drivers power seat tracks in '90 LX

Even though I am six foot tall, sitting in my Stang Vert felt like I was too low down. I can now see very well with the seat up about 3/4 of the way.

I purchased used '92 ford Mustang power seat tracks (the fore aft did not work and the seller is "protesting"). I purchased the joy stick switch and harness and then the fore/aft gear train from a great shop - located in GA, Two Men One Garage, LLC at www.2men1garage.net. Great service and good prices and fast shipping with wonderful complete instructions.

I connected to the plug wires for the lumbar support for the 12V on the one hot wire and the other single wire for the ground and mounted the switch to the front of the seat on a bracket with two wire ties for now. When I reupholster I will make a proper metal mounting bracket.

The tracks bolt in and doing this job was very easy.. if you purchase the tracks, be sure they "warranty" them to go up/down and fore/aft! E Bay is full of bad sellers...
Old 01-28-2014, 10:55 AM
wydopnthrtl
2nd Gear Member

When I rebuilt my seat I also raised the height. I think I sit about 1/2 to 3/4" higher now and prefer it.

Powered tracks though are IMO just added mass. Fine for a cruiser but I want to get mine lighter for performance.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:40 PM
Roger Mabry
1st Gear Member

Default Mine is just a driver - getting it ready for Grand Daughter

This Stang is just a driver... I am getting it ready for my GD's first car.. CA blonde girl = great choice. She is 5'6" and I wanted her to be able to see out
easily as well.

By the time she turns 16 it will be painted and have new upholstery and top. All is fixed now except rubber top seals (have them but they are not installed), paint and seat covers...does have a oil leak somewhere from engine??? Still looking for the source...