Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang > 5.0L General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 06-22-2014, 04:06 PM   #1
robotnix
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 92,ford,mustang gt
Default is ther full video tutorial of 302 revamp?

hi guys,

is there any videos like a DVD or something that explains how to rebuild step by step from scratch a 302 with explanations on parts and such?

if no then here is an idea for anyone who has some decent teaching talents and knows 302

I don't mind buying the video I'm not talking about just youtube.

I would like to learn about it and eventually build my own from scratch... yes I'm motivated or maybe stupid lol
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
robotnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 04:36 PM   #2
Maxwelhse
4th Gear Member

If you have NO experience you may be better off to start with a $100 junk yard motor and a basic engine building book. That's basically what my shop class in high school did.

Amazon Amazon

I haven't read that book, but it looks basic!
Old 06-22-2014, 06:25 PM   #3
robotnix
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 92,ford,mustang gt

thanks man I'm not too much of a book person that,s why I'm looking for some decent video on rebuilding 302 but maybe there is nothing out there I would not be surprised.

there is a very good series of building engines part 1 to 8 or so this guy really knows his thing but he's building high perf. engines... similar idea it's just an engine but I wanted to know if there way something specific to the 302 out there.

thanks again.
robotnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 08:06 PM   #4
Maxwelhse
4th Gear Member

Technical books don't count as real books.

If you insist on a movie... Basic Engine Building:

Amazon.com: Basic Engine Building: Brent Bye: Movies & TV Amazon.com: Basic Engine Building: Brent Bye: Movies & TV

That's the best I could find. Correctly building an engine takes hours so I can't imagine a video being all that thorough.

Books are good for you... especially this one (talks mostly about factory vehicles and ancient mods buts its an excellent resource):

The Official Ford Mustang 5.0: Technical Reference & Performance Handbook, 1979-1993: Al Kirschenbaum: 9780837602103: Amazon.com: Books The Official Ford Mustang 5.0: Technical Reference & Performance Handbook, 1979-1993: Al Kirschenbaum: 9780837602103: Amazon.com: Books
Old 06-22-2014, 10:33 PM   #5
mjr46
Wal-mart lube/tire tech

Vehicle: 85 mustang

http://sbfbuilding.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudegirl View Post
Be polite and cordial when you talk to them, as pissing off the guys that can help you is seldom a good idea.
mjr46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 10:33 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement