5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Authenticating

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 12:41 PM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

Some of the guys I run with and myself also always say it is just another fox body mustang LOL yes we like them but it is the truth they made millions of them and they are never gone to be worth the likes of a old Cobra Jet Mustang or something like that. The 93 Cobras will be worth something and the 93 Cobra Rs are worth a good bit already but as for the rest it is what it is. Just buy it and have fun with it thats what it is really about anyway.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:16 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

A Stock foxbody GT is actually slower than the Stock foxbody LX version....the GT added a body kit and a few other trinkets for show that added a weight. The difference is nominal but since you want details...there ya go.
Old 07-31-2014, 04:49 PM
Selcouth

Originally Posted by uedlose
Some of the guys I run with and myself also always say it is just another fox body mustang LOL yes we like them but it is the truth they made millions of them and they are never gone to be worth the likes of a old Cobra Jet Mustang or something like that. The 93 Cobras will be worth something and the 93 Cobra Rs are worth a good bit already but as for the rest it is what it is. Just buy it and have fun with it thats what it is really about anyway.
They might not bring the kind of money that Cobra Jet's will, but good examples have increased in price for what the buyers are willing to pay. Other foxbodies that have jumped in value other than the Cobra R's and 93 Cobras are the Pace cars and SSP's. You might be shocked how much good examples of 79-86 mustangs are brining now. Even though they made millions of foxbody's we are now starting to see a shift in the collector car market.

We have this discussion over on the Vette forum all the time. There are guys out there who are hell bent in keeping everything in pristine shape and keeping the miles off. While other guys want to enjoy the miles of smiles their C5 gives them. While I can understand both arguements, I can only walk by my C5Z06 so much before temptation takes over and I need to go rip some gears.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:25 AM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Selcouth
They might not bring the kind of money that Cobra Jet's will, but good examples have increased in price for what the buyers are willing to pay. Other foxbodies that have jumped in value other than the Cobra R's and 93 Cobras are the Pace cars and SSP's. You might be shocked how much good examples of 79-86 mustangs are brining now. Even though they made millions of foxbody's we are now starting to see a shift in the collector car market.

We have this discussion over on the Vette forum all the time. There are guys out there who are hell bent in keeping everything in pristine shape and keeping the miles off. While other guys want to enjoy the miles of smiles their C5 gives them. While I can understand both arguements, I can only walk by my C5Z06 so much before temptation takes over and I need to go rip some gears.
I understand what they are worth I own a couple of them more race/street cars then stock and what they can bring. You are right I did forget about the SSP cars and the Pace Cars. I also owned a SSP along with a real nice 82 GT car years ago and a 70 Mach 1 also sold and now have a Bastard 99 Cobra car also. I have owned like 15 or so Fox cars over the years. As we know asking price and selling can be far away from each other. It is only relative to what people will pay. I have seen prime low miles Fox cars selling for 20+K but IMO is way to much. I would never pay that for one in anyway, again my opinion other then a high power car. They will never be your Z06 or the old Cobra Jet cars. and not that 20k is a bad price. just not a good investment, if you think it was gone to go up much from there I think but I have been wrong before. Unlike the z06 that are gone to bring money. just like before "It is just another Fox body Mustang" LOL
Most market shift is due to age, just like old stock Model A/Ts use to bring big money that Era is dead and gone and you can pick up a nice car much cheaper then before
Old 08-03-2014, 01:03 AM
tinman
5th Gear Member

That car the O.P. is posting about is 25+ years old. It's an old car. Don't worry about the originality of it worry about if it is complete and structurally sound.
From the way he posts he sounds like the guy who will make the low ball offer anyway.......