5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

showing off my engine bay

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 08:21 PM
08blackoutstang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 88 orangepeel notch
You don't see that blower everyday, congrats on being different.
Yea it was a biotch to find but I love those kenne bells
Old 09-22-2014, 08:24 PM
08blackoutstang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mjr46
no never seens a cobra in my life........just my opinion but the cobra r's were hideous...ricer wings, redneck side exhaust ect ect...
Side exhaust is awesome so we are clearly cut from different cookie dough, I bet you have a bone stock or midly bolt on modded fox and think it's a collectors item, not ragging on foxes I have a few just sayin.... I'm going for heavily modified if I take a piece off it's getting modified so you can tell it was off even if it means changing the color haha
Old 09-22-2014, 08:34 PM
coops coupe

That's the cool thing about cars ....... you can individualize them to your taste ........ might not be for me but it works for you so it's all good!!!!!!!!
Old 09-22-2014, 08:42 PM
64bit
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 08blackoutstang
Side exhaust is awesome so we are clearly cut from different cookie dough, I bet you have a bone stock or midly bolt on modded fox and think it's a collectors item, not ragging on foxes I have a few just sayin.... I'm going for heavily modified if I take a piece off it's getting modified so you can tell it was off even if it means changing the color haha

LOL... newbs.

Old 09-22-2014, 08:51 PM
oldfella
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 64bit
LOL... newbs.

manners. Use em.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:21 PM
64bit
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by oldfella
manners. Use em.
Yes mother...

Shouldn't you be posting pictures of a fluid leak that you can't figure out on your own?
Old 09-23-2014, 01:27 AM
2000AZ5.0GT
5th Gear Member

hey folks spent a ton of time on the supercharger build and figured i would post a few pics. I was going for flash, I took 3rd place in my class and I have a missmatched bodykit, so the engine definatly did its job. I did all the work myself mainly cause I am a 21 year old homeowner (broke) I will post a parts list later im to tired now
You're bragging about coming in 3rd place? Whatever floats your boat I guess.

Originally Posted by mjr46
Give you an "A" for effort..........just not to my liking, has a hideous ricer look to it with that body kit
Totally Agree

its a stock cobra R front bumper molded for a sn95... you know cobras right
Yeah, unpainted/mismatched body parts always say ricer, doesn't matter if it's a Z06, it looks like crap, period.

I appreciate it but I can take it! all the **** talk stops as soon as you can only see my *** anyways.... Which many wouldn't like that bumper either, I like the scoops and louvered look it's my personal liking

As for the engine I was going for flash the last show I pulled up to I was one of the last ones in and when I pulled up both the cars to my right and left had their hoods open after I came back they had both shut them said nothing to show next to mine and that's what I was trying to achieve
You probably shouldn't be talking trash until you actually prove what it can do. Judging from the looks, it's a 12 second car at best. Judging from your attitude, it's probably closer to 14 seconds.

Also, there are quite a few 'bolt on' 5.0 guys here already running in the 12's and even 11's, so again....I'd stop running my mouth if I were you, but hey, what do I know, I'm not a 21 year old home owner</sarcasm>

There's a reason Kenne Belle's aren't more popular, they're more expensive, and the results typically aren't worth the money. If the value was there, everyone would have one, but you're far more likely to see a vortech, N/A, or turbo fox, for good reasons.

Sure, you may be faster for the first half of the run, but give me three hot laps with Kenne Belle's "charge cooling", and I can beat you in a sentra, let alone a bolt-ons fox.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:33 AM
2000AZ5.0GT
5th Gear Member

Also, your car is a GT, if you don't want to get flamed, you should probably remove the cobra badges
Old 09-23-2014, 05:30 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Let the games begin! I'll offer no opinion on the appearance of the car in the pics but I'll put my money on the bone stock fox if you guys ever wanna line em up!

Originally Posted by oldfella
manners. Use em.
Public forum, public opinions. We don't need a forum nanny!
Old 09-23-2014, 07:07 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

yup my car is bone stock.....you win, you're right, I could never hang with the power of the heavy hitter you got I can barely run 13's...lol seriously man, how fast do you think that set up is...........??

Last edited by mjr46; 09-23-2014 at 11:04 PM.

Quick Reply: showing off my engine bay