5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

94 GT 5 Speed Build Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 10:57 AM
njm12333

Default 94 GT 5 Speed Build Ideas

I have a 94 gt 5 speed and im looking for some people with experience to guide me. I have been a mechanic for a while and fixed most everything on a car but swaps and high performance builds I have never done so im looking for guidance. I would like to build something extreme and unique but don't want to bite off more than I can chew. The twin turbo, procharger, or bigger engine swap all sound appealing. Trying to find specifics.

1. turbo kit I know I could install the kit but I don't know what all else would have to go with it. For example? Does the engine need to be rebuilt to accommodate the boost? will I need to also swap tb, intake, fuel injectors, fuel pump, etc to make this setup work properly?

2. Same similar questions for procharger? Also will computer need to be tuned by professional to even get boosted engine to run I would assume some tuning is required.

3. Motor swaps. Would an older carb v8 be easy swap and what could I get to mate with stock t5 to expedite the swap. What all engines? How extensive would it be to swap in a newer fuel injected motor and what are some examples of ones that are a not to invasive of a swap. Saw a 2013 5.0 from f150 for sale that peaked my interest.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thank you
Old 10-11-2014, 12:10 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

How exteme are you talking? 300WHP? 500WHP? 1000? Supercharging or turbo charging will make good power and you don't have to remove your engine. Both require fuel upgrades. Both require tuning. But everything just bolts right on.
Old 10-11-2014, 02:20 PM
ticopowell
2nd Gear Member

With the kits and your mechanical experience you won't have any issues with install. Yes they will need to be tuned, but they should come with a tune to get them running right. If they don't then I would imagine that you can call a tuner and they can send you a tune that will be good enough to get you to a dyno to get a good tune.

With most kits you can tune them to be safe with the stock motor, but if you want high power you will need better engine internals. I think that your motor can do 400rwhp without issues, maybe 450, and with some minor things you might hit 500 safely, but you are going to have to do more research on those because I am not sure how correct those numbers are.
Old 10-11-2014, 10:05 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by njm12333
I have a 94 gt 5 speed and im looking for some people with experience to guide me. I have been a mechanic for a while and fixed most everything on a car but swaps and high performance builds I have never done so im looking for guidance. I would like to build something extreme and unique but don't want to bite off more than I can chew. The twin turbo, procharger, or bigger engine swap all sound appealing. Trying to find specifics.

1. turbo kit I know I could install the kit but I don't know what all else would have to go with it. For example? Does the engine need to be rebuilt to accommodate the boost? will I need to also swap tb, intake, fuel injectors, fuel pump, etc to make this setup work properly?

2. Same similar questions for procharger? Also will computer need to be tuned by professional to even get boosted engine to run I would assume some tuning is required.

3. Motor swaps. Would an older carb v8 be easy swap and what could I get to mate with stock t5 to expedite the swap. What all engines? How extensive would it be to swap in a newer fuel injected motor and what are some examples of ones that are a not to invasive of a swap. Saw a 2013 5.0 from f150 for sale that peaked my interest.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thank you
you want the mont bang for your buck.....www.on3performance.com easy 400+ rwhp!! all on a realatively small budget
Old 10-12-2014, 11:50 AM
njm12333

I would like to make between 300-450rwhp. I want it to be extreme but still daily driver able and city driving friendly. Car is made for driving and if I cant drive it everyday why build it. Which way is not as important to me.
Old 10-12-2014, 01:31 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by njm12333
I would like to make between 300-450rwhp. I want it to be extreme but still daily driver able and city driving friendly. Car is made for driving and if I cant drive it everyday why build it. Which way is not as important to me.
then do a turbo, on a stock 5.0 push rod engine on 12-14 lbs you'll hit 400 easy, put said kit on a friends car and with just an f-cam and gt-40 intake on stock e7 heads, made 479 rwhp....no need to post any "YOU TUBE" videos here of what some "unknown" has done.......this is what I have done and many others in my area as well = "true real world"
Old 10-13-2014, 12:55 PM
njm12333

I appreciate all the advice it means a lot to get real help from other enthusiasts. I Love these cars and cant wait to get to work on it. I tell you this is going to be a masterpiece when im done. my passion is paint and body so it will be a sight to see as well as a road ruining beast. thanks again
Old 10-13-2014, 01:37 PM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Don't forget, we all love " before and after" pics. Good luck