Search



Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang > 5.0L General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!


Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-11-2014, 10:57 AM   #1
njm12333
 
njm12333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Vehicle: 1994 Mustang GT
Location: Florida
Posts: 6
Default 94 GT 5 Speed Build Ideas

I have a 94 gt 5 speed and im looking for some people with experience to guide me. I have been a mechanic for a while and fixed most everything on a car but swaps and high performance builds I have never done so im looking for guidance. I would like to build something extreme and unique but don't want to bite off more than I can chew. The twin turbo, procharger, or bigger engine swap all sound appealing. Trying to find specifics.

1. turbo kit I know I could install the kit but I don't know what all else would have to go with it. For example? Does the engine need to be rebuilt to accommodate the boost? will I need to also swap tb, intake, fuel injectors, fuel pump, etc to make this setup work properly?

2. Same similar questions for procharger? Also will computer need to be tuned by professional to even get boosted engine to run I would assume some tuning is required.

3. Motor swaps. Would an older carb v8 be easy swap and what could I get to mate with stock t5 to expedite the swap. What all engines? How extensive would it be to swap in a newer fuel injected motor and what are some examples of ones that are a not to invasive of a swap. Saw a 2013 5.0 from f150 for sale that peaked my interest.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thank you
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
njm12333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 12:10 PM   #2
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

 
bluebeastsrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Vehicle: 1995 mustang GT
Location: Jersey
Posts: 10,355
ItsUrFuneral
Default

How exteme are you talking? 300WHP? 500WHP? 1000? Supercharging or turbo charging will make good power and you don't have to remove your engine. Both require fuel upgrades. Both require tuning. But everything just bolts right on.
__________________
ENGINE363 fully forged dart engine on the way with more spray!TRANNY C4 with trans brake, 3800 stall, 9in. raceconverter, hurst shifter REAR Moser 35 spline kit with spool, FRPP 3.73 gearsSUSPENION UPR pro street Uppers & lower control arms, Strange 10 way dampers, coilovers up front, BBK sub frame connectors, UPR Tube K-member & A-arms10.57@123.9 (OLD 5.0)
2011 CamaroSS 12.34@110.92
bluebeastsrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 02:20 PM   #3
ticopowell
2nd Gear Member

 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Vehicle: 2013 Ford Mustang
Location: California
Posts: 298
Default

With the kits and your mechanical experience you won't have any issues with install. Yes they will need to be tuned, but they should come with a tune to get them running right. If they don't then I would imagine that you can call a tuner and they can send you a tune that will be good enough to get you to a dyno to get a good tune.

With most kits you can tune them to be safe with the stock motor, but if you want high power you will need better engine internals. I think that your motor can do 400rwhp without issues, maybe 450, and with some minor things you might hit 500 safely, but you are going to have to do more research on those because I am not sure how correct those numbers are.
__________________
Funniest post Ive ever seen...
Quote:
Waitwaitwaitwait! Y'all are complaining the new Mustang has a touch of Aston Martin in the design? That's like saying I like such and such girl but she looks a bit like Emma Watson.
ticopowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 10:05 PM   #4
mjr46
Wal-mart lube/tire tech
 
mjr46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Vehicle: 85 mustang
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 29,912
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njm12333 View Post
I have a 94 gt 5 speed and im looking for some people with experience to guide me. I have been a mechanic for a while and fixed most everything on a car but swaps and high performance builds I have never done so im looking for guidance. I would like to build something extreme and unique but don't want to bite off more than I can chew. The twin turbo, procharger, or bigger engine swap all sound appealing. Trying to find specifics.

1. turbo kit I know I could install the kit but I don't know what all else would have to go with it. For example? Does the engine need to be rebuilt to accommodate the boost? will I need to also swap tb, intake, fuel injectors, fuel pump, etc to make this setup work properly?

2. Same similar questions for procharger? Also will computer need to be tuned by professional to even get boosted engine to run I would assume some tuning is required.

3. Motor swaps. Would an older carb v8 be easy swap and what could I get to mate with stock t5 to expedite the swap. What all engines? How extensive would it be to swap in a newer fuel injected motor and what are some examples of ones that are a not to invasive of a swap. Saw a 2013 5.0 from f150 for sale that peaked my interest.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thank you
you want the mont bang for your buck.....www.on3performance.com easy 400+ rwhp!! all on a realatively small budget
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudegirl View Post
Be polite and cordial when you talk to them, as pissing off the guys that can help you is seldom a good idea.
mjr46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 11:50 AM   #5
njm12333
 
njm12333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Vehicle: 1994 Mustang GT
Location: Florida
Posts: 6
Default

I would like to make between 300-450rwhp. I want it to be extreme but still daily driver able and city driving friendly. Car is made for driving and if I cant drive it everyday why build it. Which way is not as important to me.
njm12333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 01:31 PM   #6
mjr46
Wal-mart lube/tire tech
 
mjr46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Vehicle: 85 mustang
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 29,912
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njm12333 View Post
I would like to make between 300-450rwhp. I want it to be extreme but still daily driver able and city driving friendly. Car is made for driving and if I cant drive it everyday why build it. Which way is not as important to me.
then do a turbo, on a stock 5.0 push rod engine on 12-14 lbs you'll hit 400 easy, put said kit on a friends car and with just an f-cam and gt-40 intake on stock e7 heads, made 479 rwhp....no need to post any "YOU TUBE" videos here of what some "unknown" has done.......this is what I have done and many others in my area as well = "true real world"
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudegirl View Post
Be polite and cordial when you talk to them, as pissing off the guys that can help you is seldom a good idea.
mjr46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 12:55 PM   #7
njm12333
 
njm12333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Vehicle: 1994 Mustang GT
Location: Florida
Posts: 6
Default

I appreciate all the advice it means a lot to get real help from other enthusiasts. I Love these cars and cant wait to get to work on it. I tell you this is going to be a masterpiece when im done. my passion is paint and body so it will be a sight to see as well as a road ruining beast. thanks again
njm12333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 01:37 PM   #8
88 orangepeel notch
4th Gear Member
 
88 orangepeel notch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Vehicle: 1988 notchback
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,804
Default

Don't forget, we all love " before and after" pics. Good luck
__________________
306 with all bolt ons, letter cam, ported E7's, T5 swap, full exhaust, 3:55's, 2" drop, and the worst paint you'll ever see or feel.
Dyno'd 300/316, 2745lbs-track scale
Best ET………12.4@108, 1.66 60ft on 8" ET Drags.
24 mpg (combined)
88 orangepeel notch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 01:37 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang




Paid Advertisement

 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Advertising

Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory
New Sponsors
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 PM.

© Internet Brands, Inc.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company
Emails Backup