5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Motor's almost done.

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 07:11 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Default Motor's almost done.

Nicole from fordstrokers sent this picture today. Machine work is done and the block is painted. It should be finished with assembly in a few weeks. I've been building this car for a few years so Pretty exciting to see the motor is almost done. Motor is a dart SHP block. Fully forged 363. I'm hoping for low to mid 10 second runs on motor and low to mid 9 second runs on the 300 shot.

Old 11-20-2014, 12:28 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
Nicole from fordstrokers sent this picture today. Machine work is done and the block is painted. It should be finished with assembly in a few weeks. I've been building this car for a few years so Pretty exciting to see the motor is almost done. Motor is a dart SHP block. Fully forged 363. I'm hoping for low to mid 10 second runs on motor and low to mid 9 second runs on the 300 shot.

now remember........I wanna see some quality procomp heads on there!!!! lol, Lookin' good bluebeast keep the updates comin', spring is a ways away also how long are orders taking to be filled from start to finish?? just curious

Last edited by mjr46; 11-20-2014 at 12:31 AM.
Old 11-20-2014, 03:05 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

LONG.....TIME! Placed the order in April. The e-mail I got yesterday said there is still two people in front of me but she expects it to be done soon. eBay heads it is on it!!!
Old 11-20-2014, 06:56 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
LONG.....TIME! Placed the order in April. The e-mail I got yesterday said there is still two people in front of me but she expects it to be done soon. eBay heads it is on it!!!
wow......that's to long of a wait, but I will say my stock block 347 from him is still going strong and had many bottle through it as well............don't forget the china replica eddy intakes as well.....that'll really finish off your motor well and be sure to use an xe264 or xe274 cam
Old 11-20-2014, 07:11 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Congrats blue, that's going to be a great setup, hope your engine bay is all prepped to match lol.

Time will start slowing down now that your getting closer, that's gotta be hard. Good luck and definitely keep the updates coming.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:23 AM
audioAl
4th Gear Member

Nice, I wish I had the money to have a rod like that for the track.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:44 AM
Boss_Hotrod
5th Gear Member

Took me about 3 months to get my motor from them. I opted to build it myself so I dont know that affected the time frame or not. I ordered it in april or may and got it the 1st week of august I think. Seems like a long time ago due to all the other stuff Ive done since then.
Old 11-20-2014, 11:31 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mjr46
wow......that's to long of a wait, but I will say my stock block 347 from him is still going strong and had many bottle through it as well............don't forget the china replica eddy intakes as well.....that'll really finish off your motor well and be sure to use an xe264 or xe274 cam
It is a long time but in Jims defense, He did say it would take a good bit of time. The only garentee he made is that the motor will be top notch and will run faster than 10.8@120 on motor.

Originally Posted by 88 orangepeel notch
Congrats blue, that's going to be a great setup, hope your engine bay is all prepped to match lol.

Time will start slowing down now that your getting closer, that's gotta be hard. Good luck and definitely keep the updates coming.
I'm out of work to do on the car so it is getting on my nerves waiting now. It was nice when I still had small things to do to the car and knew I had time to work on it at my leisure.

Originally Posted by audioAl
Nice, I wish I had the money to have a rod like that for the track.
Ahhh it's not that expensive. It's not like I started with a new Corvette as my track toy. Do the car in stages and it's not a real burden on the wallet. Plus im and old guy with nothing left to spend my money on. LOL

Originally Posted by Boss_Hotrod
Took me about 3 months to get my motor from them. I opted to build it myself so I dont know that affected the time frame or not. I ordered it in april or may and got it the 1st week of august I think. Seems like a long time ago due to all the other stuff Ive done since then.
I just don't have the time or the garage to tackle putting it together. If it was a stock block rebuild and I had a place to store it, building a motr myself might be a fun project. I've done about 80% of all the work that's been done so far right in my driveway. Removing the 5.0, suspension, fuel cell and new fuel lines, roll bar, etc. I have a build thread in the racers bench section on this forum that's been keeping track of the work over the last few years.
https://mustangforums.com/forum/the-...ould-help.html

Last edited by bluebeastsrt; 11-20-2014 at 11:40 AM.
Old 11-20-2014, 02:32 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

what heads and intake?? efi or carb??
Old 11-20-2014, 02:52 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Holley 830 carb on a victor jr. Heads are trick flow 190CC fast as cast heads. comp cams upgraded springs. Exhaust is 1 3/4 primary 3 inch collector accufab race headers. Jim is cutting a custom grind cam for the motor. He's going after max power but I don't know what he' decided on yet. Should run strong. I've removed between 4-500 pounds of weight out of the car so it'll probably weigh about 3200 pounds with my 250 fat behind in the seat.

Last edited by bluebeastsrt; 11-20-2014 at 03:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Motor's almost done.