5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Vacuum line troubles

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 05:05 PM
mbeer
1st Gear Member

Default Vacuum line troubles

Does anyone have detailed pics of the vacuum lines in the area of the EGR valve on a 94 GT?

I have 2 very small diameter hard plastic ones coming from a harness under the upper intake and one normal rubber one from the intake itself and I'm not sure which one goes to the EGR and where the others go.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:10 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

I'm going off memory as my car still in storage, and it's a Fox. But I thought the 2 hard lines ran to the fuel pressure regulator and the EGR. The FPR had constant vacuum and the EGR did not. Can't help on your 3rd line, but if you could post a couple pic's, might help out.
Old 03-17-2015, 04:30 PM
mbeer
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 88 orangepeel notch
I'm going off memory as my car still in storage, and it's a Fox. But I thought the 2 hard lines ran to the fuel pressure regulator and the EGR. The FPR had constant vacuum and the EGR did not. Can't help on your 3rd line, but if you could post a couple pic's, might help out.
Ok, that's really puzzling since I've been running it all winter. I do have problems with it tho.

Allow me to start at the beginning.
I just swapped the AODE out for a 5 speed in the fall. I did not change the ECM.
The engine stumbles now and then but the stumblings do not coincide with the AODE shift points. I have these vacuum lines not connected but they are plugged. I also have no heat for the most part. Sometimes the heat comes and goes.

My idea is to correct the vacuum issue first and see how that effects the other issues, although I did replace the thermostat yesterday. Still no heat.

The pic below shows the lines I mean. I broke one off cos it is brittle and plugged it with a drywall screw.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:28 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Is the AODE ECM compatible with the T5 ? I thought the SN stuff was a lot more finicky when it comes to that stuff.

Also, can't really tell much from the pic, do you have have lines running to the regulator and EGR already ?
Old 03-19-2015, 08:07 PM
mbeer
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 88 orangepeel notch
Is the AODE ECM compatible with the T5 ? I thought the SN stuff was a lot more finicky when it comes to that stuff. Some say it is, some say it's not. I intend to fix the vacuum problems to see if that solves the problem with the engine stumbling before changing the ECM.

Also, can't really tell much from the pic, do you have have lines running to the regulator and EGR already ?
I have a line running to the regulator. I took the line off of the EGR because the engine was hunting for idle with it on.
Old 03-20-2015, 07:11 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

The only thing that I can suggest is hunt down a vacuum schematic. Making sure your vacuum lines are run correctly. I know I've seen them in some older threads here, might have to dig a little. Wish I could help more, good luck.