5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Finally found another Mustang!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 12:50 AM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

Default Finally found another Mustang!!

Hi, I'm Zeke. New name, same person. I used to be known as Grn N Gry 5oh on here. Anyway, I had my '92 GT for 10yrs. Sold it like a COMPLETE IDIOT back in '13. Well, ever since then, I've been on the lookout for another one. Every time I hear one, my ears pinpoint it and I'm like a dog. I'm trained to the sound and I have to look. So I've been looking. Very picky like too. I'm not selling this one, so I wanted close to stock if possible, and had to be a 5.0. Well, my buddy that lives an hour away in WV messaged me one day. "I work with a woman who's selling a Mustang. Here's her number". So I called and we conversed. I was definitely interested. The day I was going to go look at it, I made sure it was still okay to go over. Some guy had showed up and put a deposit on it. Damn it!! Well, a month ago, my buddies g/f (my ex-long story), messaged me saying the guy never came and got it. So I got the woman's number again and went back and looked at it. A week later, the car was mine sitting in the carport. It's not a Fox body (obviously), but it is a 1994 GT. Canary Yellow. Gray interior (that is MINT). 5-speed car. All that's done to it is a set of (too quiet) Flowmasters, a K&N open end filter and a set of polished '00 Cobra R style wheels (that I'll be removing and selling). I also got the factory set of wheels with it too (the "tri-star" 17" optional ones).They bought the car for their daughter (used). She drove it through school and then wanted a Jeep, so the parents bought it back from her. They had to put a clutch and throwout bearing in it, guessing she learned to drive a 5-spd in this car, so no big deal. And had a new battery put in a year ago. Here's the kicker. 83k original miles!! I couldn't believe it. It's a unicorn. Unmolested, all stock, less than 100k miles on it. I love it. I never saw me in a yellow car, but here I am. Haha. Anyway, onto the few pics i have of it. Nothing major, yet, photo wise. And please ignore the dirt. I had to drive it back in the rain.
Attached Thumbnails Finally found another Mustang!!-driver_pov.jpg   Finally found another Mustang!!-lf-three-quarter.jpg   Finally found another Mustang!!-right-side.jpg  
Old 03-29-2016, 07:00 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Great looking car,............for a SN lol. Congrats !!!

What are your plans for her ?
Old 03-29-2016, 10:39 AM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 88 orangepeel notch
Great looking car,............for a SN lol. Congrats !!!

What are your plans for her ?
Why does everybody say that?? Haha. I'm gonna start slow. I'm currently trying to sell the Charger I bought last year. Shouldn't have bought that piece of junk! But if I can get rid of that, I'm going to start with full exhaust and a shifter (which will probably be before I sell that car), then a nice set of wheels with good rubber. Full suspension after that. I want to autocross this car and maybe even track days. So, when I say full suspension, I mean FULL suspension. Power wise, it'll just be a h/c/i intake car for the most part. I don't want the most power. I just want something fun and streetable that sounds good.
Old 03-30-2016, 09:44 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Sounds like a fun project, you definitely have e a good base to build from.

Maybe think about starting a build thread with before and after pics along the way, those threads always draw a good following. With your honest opinion thrown in along the way. Yeah it'll probably be a long time in the making, but worth it in the end. Good luck, and keep us posted.