Notices
5.0L GT S550 Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the GT variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.

Problems with my new S550

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 09:57 PM
ARtrawick

Default Problems with my new S550

So... I just bought my new Mustang GT with the PP on February 26 and on the way home the A/C belt broke. The next day at work I put the car on the lift and found an oil leak as well so I called my selling dealer and dropped the car off. They told me that when the belt broke it bent the oil pan causing the oil leak. They also found that the A/C had a leak at the receiver dryer. I told them to fix the belt and the A/C leak and I would keep an eye on the oil leak. Keep in mind that the car only had 200 miles on it at this time. So I got the car back and checked on the oil leak and found that it was coming from the front crank shaft seal on the oil pan. I'm taking the car back to them tomorrow but I don't know if I even want this car anymore. Also the vehicle health report I ran said that there is a problem with the brake system.

Has anyone else had a similar problem?
Old 03-16-2015, 05:59 PM
WJBertrand
2nd Gear Member

Did you run the health report with the parking brake applied?
Old 03-16-2015, 07:45 PM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WJBertrand
Did you run the health report with the parking brake applied?
I'm not sure I believe even one word of his post. The "A/C" belt broke? Which "bent" the oil pan? and the A/C had a leak at the firewall? and the "Front main seal in the oil pan" was leaking?

sounds like a big fish story.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:16 AM
ARtrawick

I ran the health reprot with the parking brake off and no problems reported. Thank
Old 03-17-2015, 09:19 AM
ARtrawick

The A/C leak is not by the fire wall it was at the recver dryer at the front of the car by the condenser.. and the oil leak is the front crank shaft seal
Old 03-18-2015, 05:30 AM
ARtrawick

Old 03-18-2015, 10:49 AM
05roadsterguy

Default Well at least you

were not driving a Ferrari!

Bad belts happen, it seems you got the booby prize this time. Yes a hung up belt lashing around @2000 rpm's can knock some stuff loose. I had an AC belt cut a radiator hose on an old ford truck once.

The Ferrari guys are so afraid of broken belts, they change them every 10,000 -15,000 miles.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:22 AM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

It's the first production run of a complete redesign. The problems you are having is why I will never buy one from ANY car mfg. They have a lot of problems usually until they get the bugs worked out. Look at 05-06 model year mustangs. Tons of problems. 07 not so much and 08, don't hear of any real issues....

Sucks about the problems you are having but it looks like the dealer fixed them (most of them). Good luck!
Old 03-18-2015, 06:49 PM
topangler25
1st Gear Member

I would chalk this up to S*#t happens. From the write up it looks like you got a very detailed thorough tech there. This could have been a lot worse and who knows, the belt could have just broke, there could have been debris from the road slung up in there. Would not count the car out just yet. Would not have left without addressing the oil leak though. The fact that you were made aware of it and decided to deny repairs may cause you issues in the future if additional damage is caused by delaying the repairs. It is called "failure to prevent" and trust me, most manufacturers have this somewhere in their warranty policies.
Old 03-19-2015, 03:13 PM
Camster
2nd Gear Member

Sorry to hear of your unfortunate story.
Makes me a little happier with my end of model 2004 GT.Though I don't think that mine has the greatest build quality,the only non routine repair that I've encountered,is the intake manifold.
That said,I still want a 2015.Perhaps I can remain patient another month or two until some of these teething pains work out.(though I wasn't aware of an under the hood redesign.)

Quick Reply: Problems with my new S550