Notices
5.0L GT S550 Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the GT variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.

Help Convince Me!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 12:47 AM
Subbz
2nd Gear Member

The travel is pretty long in the clutch for the 2015 Mustang but you don't need to push it all the way in since the friction point is actually pretty shallow. The way I was able to figure out the exact friction point is while on a flat surface I just put it to first while stopped with the clutch pushed all the way in. I slowly release the clutch until it start moving forward slightly. You'll notice that you barely have to push it an inch for it to catch. Also compared to the Camaro and the Challenger the Mustang's interior is much nicer. It's more symmetrical and a lot easier on the eyes. There's a lot of soft touch interior pieces that feels really nice to the touch. Also if you want something that will turn a lot of heads on the road the new Mustang's styling is really unlike anyone has seen on the road before. As far as the exterior is concerned the cars you're comparing it to looks humdrum next to the new Mustang which has a bit of exotic styling but still keeps that American Icon heritage. The maintenance on the new Mustang because it's a Ford and a domestic car would be much cheaper. Oil change intervals is anywhere from 7,500-10,000 miles since Ford now runs full synthetic on their vehicles. Parts for it will be cheap as well. Another great selling point is the bang for your buck with the Mustang. If you really want the best bang for you buck I suggest getting the Base GT with the Performance Pack which starts around 35k MSRP before any sort of rebates as well as negotiation. You can go to a dealership and ask to buy the car 500 over their invoice which is about 33k and some change plus rebates. The base GT Mustang has pretty much everything you would need. It comes with the Intelligent Access Key so you never have to take your key out of your pocket to unlock or lock the doors as well as push button start. Bluetooth capabilities with sync so you can pair your phone through bluetooth and make hands free calls using voice commands as well as streaming music from your phone wirelessly. It comes standard with a back up camera with trajectory and measurement lines. It has all the track apps from the last generation GT and more. Different steering modes where you can control how heavy you want the steering depending on your situation(Normal, Sport, Comfort). Autodimming rear view mirror as well as automatic headlamps and integrated spot mirrors on the heated side mirrors. The performance pack adds the 3.73 Torsen differential to give you better acceleration off the line. You get the strut tower brace as well as upgraded suspension and 6 piston brembro brake calipers and bigger brakes. Car seats can fit in the back it would just be a little hard to get in there. It comes with car seat anchors for car seats in the back. You won't regret buying the Mustang. You'll love your commute and every minute you're in that car
Old 05-08-2015, 11:08 AM
bmatticus

Originally Posted by AK_Kayaker
If you are going to have kid in a car seat in the back on a regular basis forget 2 door cars, buy a Charger.
Definitely not regular. I've had my current car for 3 years, bought it shortly after my oldest was born. He's rode in it probably 5-10 times over the years. We have a minivan that is generally what we ride in. So the 2 door will not be ideal but it'll work when necessary.
Old 05-08-2015, 11:13 AM
bmatticus

Originally Posted by Subbz
The travel is pretty long in the clutch for the 2015 Mustang but you don't need to push it all the way in since the friction point is actually pretty shallow. The way I was able to figure out the exact friction point is while on a flat surface I just put it to first while stopped with the clutch pushed all the way in. I slowly release the clutch until it start moving forward slightly. You'll notice that you barely have to push it an inch for it to catch. Also compared to the Camaro and the Challenger the Mustang's interior is much nicer. It's more symmetrical and a lot easier on the eyes. There's a lot of soft touch interior pieces that feels really nice to the touch. Also if you want something that will turn a lot of heads on the road the new Mustang's styling is really unlike anyone has seen on the road before. As far as the exterior is concerned the cars you're comparing it to looks humdrum next to the new Mustang which has a bit of exotic styling but still keeps that American Icon heritage. The maintenance on the new Mustang because it's a Ford and a domestic car would be much cheaper. Oil change intervals is anywhere from 7,500-10,000 miles since Ford now runs full synthetic on their vehicles. Parts for it will be cheap as well. Another great selling point is the bang for your buck with the Mustang. If you really want the best bang for you buck I suggest getting the Base GT with the Performance Pack which starts around 35k MSRP before any sort of rebates as well as negotiation. You can go to a dealership and ask to buy the car 500 over their invoice which is about 33k and some change plus rebates. The base GT Mustang has pretty much everything you would need. It comes with the Intelligent Access Key so you never have to take your key out of your pocket to unlock or lock the doors as well as push button start. Bluetooth capabilities with sync so you can pair your phone through bluetooth and make hands free calls using voice commands as well as streaming music from your phone wirelessly. It comes standard with a back up camera with trajectory and measurement lines. It has all the track apps from the last generation GT and more. Different steering modes where you can control how heavy you want the steering depending on your situation(Normal, Sport, Comfort). Autodimming rear view mirror as well as automatic headlamps and integrated spot mirrors on the heated side mirrors. The performance pack adds the 3.73 Torsen differential to give you better acceleration off the line. You get the strut tower brace as well as upgraded suspension and 6 piston brembro brake calipers and bigger brakes. Car seats can fit in the back it would just be a little hard to get in there. It comes with car seat anchors for car seats in the back. You won't regret buying the Mustang. You'll love your commute and every minute you're in that car
Thanks!

Yea I put the car seat in the back and sat in the passenger side to check it all out, looks good. Really my son might ride with me without a passenger sometimes and shouldn't be an issue if necessary. Generally this is just a 11 mile commute each way to work car, and mostly highway-ish roads.

My neighbor is a manager at the dealership, actually his brother is also another manager there and they live in the two houses next to me. He offered to let me take one overnight and to work to test it out. I'm thinking I have to at least wait until the Camaro 6 debut next weekend, on my birthday oddly enough. I drove a pretty loaded premium yesterday, which is probably a few grand more than I want to pay. It had a few hundred miles on it and its one of their "call for price" cars which they do on their demos in general. I'm wondering if I can get get some extra discounts because of that. Waiting to see what their out the door price on it was, though its the Guard Metallic and I'd prefer the Magnetic Metallic.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:46 AM
bmatticus

Well, I did it. Black GT Premium PP, 401A and Navigation. So far so good, hoping to get this first 1K out of the way quick!

Old 05-28-2015, 12:33 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bmatticus
Well, I did it. Black GT Premium PP, 401A and Navigation. So far so good, hoping to get this first 1K out of the way quick!

Congrats on the new car. I ordered a black Premium. Just think the s550 style looks amazing in black!!! I came from a Camaro SS and it was a nice car but it was horrible to drive or just be inside of. My SS had a sun roof that robbed and extra 2 inch of already non existent head room and you were taking your life in your hands every time you backed out of your driveway the sight lines were so bad.
Old 05-28-2015, 01:19 PM
bmatticus

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
Congrats on the new car. I ordered a black Premium. Just think the s550 style looks amazing in black!!! I came from a Camaro SS and it was a nice car but it was horrible to drive or just be inside of. My SS had a sun roof that robbed and extra 2 inch of already non existent head room and you were taking your life in your hands every time you backed out of your driveway the sight lines were so bad.
Thanks!

Yea the visibility in the Camaro was pretty bad, I looked at them. I'm pretty impressed overall with the car. I am coming from a 2009 Honda Accord sedan which had excellent visibility, and I don't feel like I lost too much coming from that car really. I know its a lot worse than the Accord, but I don't feel too uncomfortable with it. The long hood is going to take some getting use to for maneuvering. Overall features and finish seem pretty well in line with the Accord (I had an EX-L with navigation). The ride and road noise seem almost as good if not better in some cases, which is odd. Probably just that a little rougher ride doesn't bother me at all.