Notices
5.0L GT S550 Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the GT variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.

Dyno numbers, help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 03:52 PM
whatsup62
1st Gear Member

Default Dyno numbers, help!!!

Well so far its been a baaaaddddddd day. Got all the bolt-ons in place (Airaid CAI, MBRP cat back, Kook long tubes off road pipe, SCT tune). Had the long tubes installed at reputable shop that does dyno-tuning. Once install was complete on the dyno Put down 308 rwhp Wasn't satisfied so they have been plugging away for hours. One run will be low numbers the next run will be high numbers (or what they consider high...352rwhp). They are concerned with the inconsistencies....me too but the number is quite low from what I have seen out on the net. They have a SAE dyno, not a dynojet, and said theirs will show lower numbers. I'm not a dyno or a tune guy but something doesn't sound right. Feed back?

Last edited by whatsup62; 05-13-2015 at 04:08 PM.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:00 PM
1 Alibi 2
3rd Gear Member

SAE refers to correction factors, the common ones are SAE J1349 & SAE J607.
( 1349 or corrected / 607 or standard )
A Mustang dyno will have #'s 10+ % lower than a DynoJet.
.....It also doesn't sound like they know what they're doing, based on your thread.
Old 05-13-2015, 08:22 PM
kirk35
1st Gear Member

Did you get any numbers before the mods for a comparison? Do these guys have experience with the Coyote?
Old 05-13-2015, 08:53 PM
whatsup62
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by kirk35
Did you get any numbers before the mods for a comparison? Do these guys have experience with the Coyote?
No run before header install.

** UPDATE been at it into the evening hours. Found that even turned off the traction control was activating somehow. Once that was taken care of the numbers went up. when I left the car was cooling down before some final tuning runs. It was at 465 SAE when I left.

Yes they came highly recommended and are very familiar with the coyote.
Old 05-14-2015, 01:20 PM
kirk35
1st Gear Member

Glad they figured it out. Nice numbers, should be even more fun to drive now!
Old 05-14-2015, 04:37 PM
whatsup62
1st Gear Member

uuuuu

Last edited by whatsup62; 05-14-2015 at 04:39 PM.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:05 PM
whatsup62
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by kirk35
Glad they figured it out. Nice numbers, should be even more fun to drive now!
No...it appears they did not. I went to get car and saw dyno sheets, ones above , said I misunderstood him. GUESS SO. He said that was the best it had, I should wait a while until motor loosens up and the number should go up...wtf?? The butt dyno tells me it is slower then when I took it there. Very distraught at the moment. Guess I will get on the horn with SCT and see if they can help out with a tune....blahhhh
Old 05-14-2015, 08:25 PM
kirk35
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by whatsup62
No...it appears they did not. I went to get car and saw dyno sheets, ones above , said I misunderstood him. GUESS SO. He said that was the best it had, I should wait a while until motor loosens up and the number should go up...wtf?? The butt dyno tells me it is slower then when I took it there. Very distraught at the moment. Guess I will get on the horn with SCT and see if they can help out with a tune....blahhhh
Bad break, something is definitely wrong and it almost has to be in the tune. You might want to try AM or Steeda, your mods are pretty basic so either company should be able to send you a good tune for the car. Both companies offer lifetime tunes for $150.
Old 05-17-2015, 06:14 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

You ran in 5th gear?
Old 05-17-2015, 07:45 PM
whatsup62
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MrSandman
You ran in 5th gear?
Don't know...I was not there for the dyno run...hence also no pre run for baseline. This person supposedly has done hundreds of cars so I assumed they knew what they were doing. Something else I learned to today is that you don't just push traction control button off and acknowledge. You have to hold it in for longer than five seconds then acknowledge ok for the traction control system to be truly off. Track mode. Not sure if that was done as well. Purchased a tune from Steeda which should be here in a few days. Talked to there tune guy and he is 99% sure this should take care of issues. If the butt dyno thinks so I plan on taking it to the only other dyno in the area and see what it says. A bit frustrating to say the least.

Quick Reply: Dyno numbers, help!!!