Notices
5.0L GT S550 Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the GT variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.

Muffler Delete

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 02:29 AM
RakChef

Default Muffler Delete

I had the mufflers removed from car today to see what it sounded like and to hold me over until I make a final exhaust decision. The resonators are still in place but the car is quieter than I expected. at idle it is a nice growl and at cruising it is actually quite quiet, even with the windows down. when revving it gets fairly loud. The overall tone is not as deep as I was hoping for, sounds good but does have some trumpet to it and a little drone . I will try to get a video in the next couple days.
Old 05-20-2015, 01:41 PM
maharsreef

You have to get delete the resonator. It keeps everything too quiet. I recently put on a ford racing by Borla cat back. The touring not sport. It sounds incredible!
Old 05-20-2015, 11:12 PM
ExtremePowerHouse
Former Sponsor

Even though im not a big fan muffler delete, if you are going to do it you need to remove the resonators.
That being said, i would just get an exhaust made for your car.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:36 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Get the resonator delete pipe from lethal or ford racing. The stock exhaust sounds sweet once the resonators are gone.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:25 AM
RakChef

While the sound is growing on me, I will without a doubt being deleting the resonators and putting an h-pipe on her no matter what. My last mustang was an 05 with ARH long tubes, off road x-pipe and slp loud mouths so it was quite loud and I loved it, but I think with this Mustang I may actually purchase an actual muffler set-up still trying to decide which brand and model I want to go with.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:27 AM
RakChef

The muffler delete I had made for me and put some nice tips on it, cost me a lot less the MRT set up, and substantially cheaper than the kooks muffler delete axleback which is a ridiculous price for what it is.
Old 05-23-2015, 10:23 AM
xenocide
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ExtremePowerHouse
Even though im not a big fan muffler delete, if you are going to do it you need to remove the resonators.
That being said, i would just get an exhaust made for your car.
I'll have to disagree. I have the MRT delete and without the resonator the drone would be unbearable and it would be deafeningly loud.

Old 05-24-2015, 01:33 AM
RakChef

With how long I lived with the set-up on my 05 mustang, this is very quiet, even accelerating from a stop sign, and idle it is just barely noticeable. I like loud cars, and it is just not quite there yet..I will be putting an h-pipe on it for sure..seeing how it grows on me or how I feel, I will make an muffler choice from that point if I feel like I will even need to. I know once I put headers on her that I will be adding mufflers.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:36 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Im just the opposite. I like really quite cars that are stupid fast. They already get enough unwanted attention without megaphone exhausts.