Notices
5.0L GT S550 Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the GT variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.

American Muscle Supercharger package

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 11:08 AM
whatsup62
1st Gear Member

Default American Muscle Supercharger package

http://www.americanmuscle.com/bama-7...er-2015gt.html

I like this a lot. I was wondering if someone from AM or Bama could chime in on the car in the video above.
What other mods were done to this car - Clutch, half-shafts, etc.
Launches hard and thinking about adding a Supercharger over the winter.
Old 07-20-2015, 02:21 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by whatsup62

I like this a lot. I was wondering if someone from AM or Bama could chime in on the car in the video above.
Hey Whatsup,

I like where your head is at! The Bama Supercharger Kit is an awesome turn-key setup and you will love it!

In regards to the car in the video, everything you need to know about this beast is right here! Check out the First 9-Second 2015 Mustang GT! This car went from stock, to an 11 second car, to a ten second car, then all the way to a 9 second car! It's crazy! She does have upgraded half-shafts, weight reduction, etc!

If your car is fairly close to stock, check out this clip:

The Silver 5.0 in this video has nothing but upgraded half-shafts! Everything from the manifolds to the mufflers is stock. The only modifications being a Bama Supercharger Kit, half-shafts, and tires.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions!

-Will

Last edited by AMWill; 07-20-2015 at 02:24 PM.
Old 08-01-2015, 07:39 PM
BillQuantrell

Originally Posted by whatsup62

Just purchased an 800 hp Whipple based kit from American Muscle, tuned by BAMA. Ford dealer installed the supercharger, loaded the Bama tune from the SCT X4 device. Took the car out for a spin and the car drove terrible. At low speeds or cruising, the car bucked and surged like a mechanical bull. Called Bama, they said that the tune on the SCT is just the "startup" tune. They tell me to datalog and send them the datalog so they can make corrections. So the ford tech runs a datalog. We send it to Bama, they send back the revision......and the damn car won't even start! They say datalog some more. We do that. Get the third tune back and loaded....car starts but get CEL and all kinds of error codes, traction control light etc........
Now I'm forced to abandon Bama and go with Whipple for tuning. We have to pull all the accessory parts that came with the BAMA package (plugs and fuel system), send the car PCM to Whipple for their flash, and get the fuel system and plugs specific to the Whipple package. Spending an extra 1200 dollars on top of the extra money I lost in the extras from the BAMA package.
Bama has refused to answer my calls and will give my Ford dealer the complete runarounds. Bama has failed to return my emails as well....
THis is a criminal outfit.
Old 08-01-2015, 07:43 PM
BillQuantrell

Originally Posted by AMWill
Hey Whatsup,

I like where your head is at! The Bama Supercharger Kit is an awesome turn-key setup and you will love it!

In regards to the car in the video, everything you need to know about this beast is right here! Check out the First 9-Second 2015 Mustang GT! This car went from stock, to an 11 second car, to a ten second car, then all the way to a 9 second car! It's crazy! She does have upgraded half-shafts, weight reduction, etc!

If your car is fairly close to stock, check out this clip:

2015 Mustang Goes 10's Easily & Limited GT350R! - AmericanMuscle.com - YouTube

The Silver 5.0 in this video has nothing but upgraded half-shafts! Everything from the manifolds to the mufflers is stock. The only modifications being a Bama Supercharger Kit, half-shafts, and tires.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions!

-Will
I purchased your kit and had it installed by the Ford dealer. BAMA disabled my car with a non-driveable tune. Each time BAMA asked me to send a datalog, the tune they would send back made it even worse to the point that the car would not start. My Ford Dealer spoke with WHipple Superchargers and they say there is another customer they are helping who had the exact same issue. So I had to abandon the BAMA tune, and Ford has sent my ECU off to whipple for their recalibration. Waiting for it to get back. Sure hope it works.
Old 08-18-2015, 04:25 PM
Iceman1947

Default AM Supercharger Kit

I was thinking of going with the same kit this winter on my 2015 GT. Not any more. I may go with the Ford Racing version ...... I feel for you man .... Hope things work out.
Old 08-19-2015, 10:02 PM
BillQuantrell

Originally Posted by Iceman1947
I was thinking of going with the same kit this winter on my 2015 GT. Not any more. I may go with the Ford Racing version ...... I feel for you man .... Hope things work out.
No, get the Whipple kit. Just get it from Whipple with their tune. The problem was Bama's mail order tune. I had Whipple flash my PCM with their tune and the car runs flawlessly. I could not be happier with it. Whipple sells their kit the large throttle body, twin fans GT500 injectors, MSD boost pump, and a slightly smaller pulley than the pulley that comes with the BAMA kit and the car makes well over 750 Hp. Probably around 770 hp.
Old 08-19-2015, 10:38 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

For my education, not argument, other than the HP & Torque numbers why do you like the Bama supercharger over a Roush Setup more like a GT 500 setup!
Old 08-20-2015, 03:54 PM
whatsup62
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr. D
For my education, not argument, other than the HP & Torque numbers why do you like the Bama supercharger over a Roush Setup more like a GT 500 setup!
I am leaning toward the whipple as well.
First off the Whipple is a 2.9L vs the 2.3L Roush - makes more power.
For me the main reason is when I called Roush and talked to them about their PCM flash, it only accounts for a stock engine with their package. I have invested time and money in long tubes, off-road pipe which they will not tune for. Would require me to find a good tuner in the area , and there is none.
They did tell me a stage 2 system will be out around the first of the year which will produce bigger numbers. Since I will probably have to hold off until then anyway we will see what they come out with.
Old 08-20-2015, 08:57 PM
BillQuantrell

Originally Posted by Mr. D
It's a Whipple kit with the Bama logo slapped on. Bama sells you their tune with the kit, but like I said the Bama tune didn't run worth a ****. THe supercharger, filter, air inlet, throttle body and dual fans come from whipple. THe only thing different with the Whipple kit is the kind of injectors they use and the fuel pump booster. Bama sells you the exact same thing but with different injectors, pump booster and their tune. GO through Whipple and purchase the system through them and they will get your tune right. You have to send your car's PCM to them for their calibration. We overnighted it Fedex and we had the PCM back in 4 days. Trust me I've been driving this car hard for the past couple weeks and it drives like stock until you get into the throttle and then all I can say is it is definitely a 10 second car. Call Whipple and they will help you out.
Old 08-25-2015, 03:48 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BillQuantrell
It's a Whipple kit with the Bama logo slapped on. Bama sells you their tune with the kit, but like I said the Bama tune didn't run worth a ****. THe supercharger, filter, air inlet, throttle body and dual fans come from whipple. THe only thing different with the Whipple kit is the kind of injectors they use and the fuel pump booster. Bama sells you the exact same thing but with different injectors, pump booster and their tune. GO through Whipple and purchase the system through them and they will get your tune right. You have to send your car's PCM to them for their calibration. We overnighted it Fedex and we had the PCM back in 4 days. Trust me I've been driving this car hard for the past couple weeks and it drives like stock until you get into the throttle and then all I can say is it is definitely a 10 second car. Call Whipple and they will help you out.
Glad you are happy! I've used the Roush package & loved it! Far better than building an engine old school or turbos IMO.