Notices
5.0L GT S550 Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the GT variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.

New GT's, your likes and dislikes

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 06:41 AM
JimC

MrD take your car to the dealer. It might need a reprogramming. My wife's MKZ was in the shop this week because a piece of trim on the door handle was loose so I mentioned the issue with the touch and no unlock. They found that they had to reprogram the car and afterwards the driver side had no issues.

Passenger side though kept having issues as they tested it. They kept the car overnight and gave us a new MKZ to drive while they worked on it. They replaced a couple of sensors on the passenger side and reprogrammed it again. Everything works now.
Old 10-16-2016, 06:44 PM
ratucker3

Default My 2 cents

I like many things about my CA Special - - exterior looks and ventilated seats likely my top picks.

Only thing I wish car had is the heads up display....had one on prior car and enjoyed it.
Attached Thumbnails New GT's, your likes and dislikes-img_0112.jpg  
Old 10-17-2016, 03:54 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimC
MrD take your car to the dealer. It might need a reprogramming. My wife's MKZ was in the shop this week because a piece of trim on the door handle was loose so I mentioned the issue with the touch and no unlock. They found that they had to reprogram the car and afterwards the driver side had no issues.

Passenger side though kept having issues as they tested it. They kept the car overnight and gave us a new MKZ to drive while they worked on it. They replaced a couple of sensors on the passenger side and reprogrammed it again. Everything works now.
Thanx Jim! I was washing her Edge the other day & the locks activated more when my hands were wet! It sounded like I was playing the Maracas in Cuban band! I've gotten back to locking the Edge with the Key Fob as it sounds off & reminds poor Liberals around that my car is locked. I told my wife when she forgets where she parked the car in a big lot to push the alarm button for a second & it gives you the direction to look! LOL! A few more years & that might not be a joke! I bought too new cars for the safety equipment to keep us driving longer! It really helps in parking lots as clowns drive through them at 25 MPH... & that's no exaggeration! Meanwhile most younger people walk around in parking lots & don't even look to see if a car is bearing down on them! Amazing how they survived this long! I used to tell my students that they had a paint for crosswalks that would stop a car! They'd say, "No they don't!" & I'd say "REMEMBER THAT WHEN YOU CROSS THE STREET!"

Last edited by Mr. D; 10-17-2016 at 10:30 PM.
Old 12-22-2016, 11:57 AM
bluwing

Default Love my S550

I owned & loved an 07 Mustang GT ragtop for 9 years and 60,000 miles - but my new S550 Premium GT (also a convertible) is a quantum leap forward. IMHO, the ol' Stang was a rough, tough, feisty little hot rod at heart - fun to drive for a few hours but not great for a long distance. The new car is a true Grand Touring machine: much smoother, far more balanced and sophisticated, and a whole lot easier to live with over a long fast drive. Plus, it's gotta be the sexiest looking Mustang ever designed...
Old 12-25-2016, 08:16 AM
Spork3245
2nd Gear Member

I think I decided not to keep my 16 GT when my lease is up and will get the newest model (or a left-over 18) as I'm hoping for a couple of small changes with the 18/19 models...
Heated/Cooled steering wheel
Cooled seats where the back cools and not just the bottom (the heat does both, why not the cooled? Come'on, Ford! )
Lane assist and other safety features (ie: oncoming collision detection... Of course I'd want these to be able to be turned off/on)

That's about it. I didn't get the adaptive cruise control package on my current GT and will definitely be getting that on my next Mustang as well.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:51 PM
jcieutat
2nd Gear Member

Major dislike for me is the cheap rear caliper. While it performs great, it just looks crappy to have a nice 6 piston Brembo on the front and not put a 4 piston Brembo on the rear.