Notices
5.0L GT S550 Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the GT variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.

Bama Tune

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 07:46 AM
Thomv

Default Bama Tune

For a Christmas present I received a Bama tune that I have not had a chance to install. Will I feel a different once installed and how will it affect my regular drivability and the sport drivability toggle switch options?
Old 02-11-2016, 07:56 AM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

Will it so and it will be so, but you will never feel a such a small gain in horsepower and "throttle response". Just run premium gas and get the full Monty from your pony. Modern engines just don't leave that much on the table. You want to feel a real difference, supercharge it.
Old 02-12-2016, 11:36 PM
Spork3245
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by proeagles
Will it so and it will be so, but you will never feel a such a small gain in horsepower and "throttle response". Just run premium gas and get the full Monty from your pony. Modern engines just don't leave that much on the table. You want to feel a real difference, supercharge it.

... Auto transmission GTs stock 1/4 mile times are 12.7-12.8 seconds. With just a tune, in sports mode, peoples times drop to 12.3 on average. Your post is incredibly wrong.
Old 02-13-2016, 06:54 AM
scottmach
3rd Gear Member

Guys are still using Bama for tunes? Wow!
Old 02-13-2016, 08:19 AM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Spork3245
... Auto transmission GTs stock 1/4 mile times are 12.7-12.8 seconds. With just a tune, in sports mode, peoples times drop to 12.3 on average. Your post is incredibly wrong.
Blink you eye, that was .4 of a second. Feel that. If you are racing, that is one thing, driving on the street every day, you will never notice. As an experiment I've put people in non tuned cars just like theirs, told them it was tuned, told them to feel the throttle response, etc, and vola!, the placebo effect. No clue but they believed what they wanted.
Old 02-13-2016, 09:40 AM
Phillip123
1st Gear Member

That's a nice present whatsoever
Old 02-13-2016, 12:28 PM
ucinn
3rd Gear Member

I will say with my V6 auto, the bama tune made a big difference in throttle response. Used to be when hit the gas pedal, you would have to wait for the thing to finally decide to get up and go, the tune/CAI combo erased that and the throttle response is instant now.
Old 02-13-2016, 02:23 PM
Spork3245
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by proeagles
Blink you eye, that was .4 of a second. Feel that. If you are racing, that is one thing, driving on the street every day, you will never notice. As an experiment I've put people in non tuned cars just like theirs, told them it was tuned, told them to feel the throttle response, etc, and vola!, the placebo effect. No clue but they believed what they wanted.
A half of a second off a quarter mile time is huge. BTW, It takes 200-300 milliseconds to blink your eye, not half of a second (500).

If you're running an auto transmission the difference in shifting and throttle response is huge when tuned, just like the difference between "normal" and "sports" modes are fairly huge and definitely noticeable when running a stock Mustang. The drive-modes are basically live/dynamic tunes.

If you have a manual transmission, yea, it's much less "noticeable" since you're doing the shifting yourself.

Last edited by Spork3245; 02-13-2016 at 02:31 PM.
Old 02-16-2016, 08:55 PM
kawiguy827
1st Gear Member

Are there any merits to purchasing a tune for the car with only an exhaust as an aftermarket part?? I've been thinking about it, but i can't decide. Are there any warranty implications? (i know, i'm a warranty wuss)
Old 02-17-2016, 07:26 AM
phat_nos_rat
1st Gear Member

I have a question on this! I just bought a 2016 GT. Not a premium, nor a performance pack. All I have ever owned were Fox's. IF I were to buy a cold air intake with a tune (Which one? I don't know) and then later added a full exhaust, could I use the same tune that came with the cold air? How does this work? I am assuming you would need to adjust the air/fuel ration if you mess with anything coming in or going out?

Quick Reply: Bama Tune