Notices
5.0L GT S550 Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the GT variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.

Picked Up My Roush Supercharged 2016 GT

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 06:32 PM
cdfinney

Originally Posted by Mr. D
I don't know for sure, but it feels great. My mechanic said the new auto trannys are great & he's seen 700+ HP have no trouble. When you go WOT & it downshifts it doesn't seem to be a jolt to the car. It seems pretty smooth.

I got the 18" tire for improved ride & traction is great with the auto trans. WOT off the line gives just a very little wheel spin. I suspect it is a combo of good traction control & blower not spinning up enough with the auto trans. OF course with a manual you could burn the tires off. Not my thing!

I haven't had the blower long enough to do too much experimentation as with traction control off, sport mode, paddle shifters, track lock, etc. Sport Mode does make it put out the power quicker by keeping the RPM/Blower speed up. Right now I'm just getting used to the car & trying to keep it in one piece! Off the line there is a little Blower lag, so it doesn't explode off the line which is fine with me. The scary thing is that it never seems to stop pulling harder even at 120 MPH! I suspect it would be much faster with a lower rear end ratio & sticky tires! As is, it looks like it is going to me a low 12 sec. car. Good enough for me! My thing is straight line acceleration from 30 to 80 when safe to do so.

Also I asked, & never got an answer from the forum as to a "Shock Tower Brace" that would work with a Roush Supercharger. Not necessary, as I haven't noticed any torque twisting like with my '08 GT. I guess the 2016 is stiff enough as is!

P.S. Anyone in the SoCal Area that wants to order a 2016... just PM me & I can get you a great price with no sales discussion. Just get the "exact" description of what options you want & you get a very low price with no discussion or pitches! .......... & NO, I don't make a nickel on it! I just have an "in" with a Ford Sales Manager that will take a very small markup on a"Customer Order". WHY? Because "Customer Orders" don't come out of their Ford allocation of "high demand" cars like Mustangs, so he doesn't mind selling them cheap! Cars ordered for the dealerhip's lot sell for high markups! It's just how they are marketed!

Example of what I mean: Here are the options I ordered.

Mr.D
Please give me a referral here's what I'm looking for:
GT Prem $37295
Ruby Red $395
Auto $1195
401A $1795
Ca special package $1995
Reverse sensor $295
3.55 rear axle $395
MSRP $43365
I just left a dealer would knock off 2k plus $750 in rebates, but wanted 11k for Roush charger installed. Thanks!

cdfinney
Old 06-21-2016, 08:43 PM
kawiguy827
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr. D
I'll PM you Bret! I don't want to irritate those who pay to advertise on this forum. I'd be happy to give you a referral! The guy I use is a great mechanic with a great reputation & he's closer to you then me. I'll even get you a little break on the cost.
I'd love to know where you did your install as well. I'm also curious as to cost of install, as I'm trying to minimize my overall expenditure any way i can while maximizing my fun, ha. Just a ballpark.
Old 06-22-2016, 03:36 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kawiguy827
I'd love to know where you did your install as well. I'm also curious as to cost of install, as I'm trying to minimize my overall expenditure any way i can while maximizing my fun, ha. Just a ballpark.
I'll PM you!
Old 06-25-2016, 03:44 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Default 670 HP in the California mountains

Here's an interesting video on a Roush Stage 3. My Mustang has the Roush Stage 3 Supercharger setup without the other Roush mods as I prefer the stock Mustang GT suspension, automatic, trans, heated & cooled seats, softer ride, LOWER PRICE, etc. I don't drive as fast as the guy in the video except on straight, open highways! I've driven mountain highways & come around a curve & found some jerk making a U-turn or out of gas in the middle of the road. I'd rather die of old age!

Old 06-25-2016, 12:01 PM
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

amazing mr.D
and you can corner safely aswell lol
Old 06-26-2016, 01:52 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rudolph Hucker
amazing mr.D
and you can corner safely aswell lol
A stock Mustang corners better than my pucker string allows for! As I said, I'm a straight in line acceleration guy! At my age bones don't heal that fast! LOL!
Old 08-05-2016, 11:02 PM
Eleanorspeedster

awesome car....i would be dead in that thing in about 12 minutes.
Old 08-07-2016, 04:35 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Eleanorspeedster
awesome car....i would be dead in that thing in about 12 minutes.
Not if you left the "traction control on"! LOL! The only dangerous part are the "closing speeds" at wide open throttle! Things go past very, very quickly! You see a little dot way down the freeway & in no time you are in that dot's rear bumper!

I just picked up my wife's 2016 Edge today! Where are the "track apps"? No line lock?? Hey what's the deal LOL! Actually it's a really nice car... & it cost me more than my 2016 GT with only a 2.0L Ecoboost! What's happened here??? LOL! My wife's happy!

Last edited by Mr. D; 08-07-2016 at 04:40 AM.
Old 08-07-2016, 08:00 PM
barstowpo
2nd Gear Member

Call up Roush. I bet he has a supercharger for that too. It will need bigger tires though.