Notices
5.0L GT S550 Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the GT variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.

Picked Up My Roush Supercharged 2016 GT

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 05:59 PM
Dragonetti
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr. D
Is your GT a Manual Shift... I assume? I suspect that makes a world of difference based in throttle control & clutching. Obviously if you spin it up in 1st gear it will be an animal.
No, I have an auto.
Old 04-01-2016, 03:51 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Default Supercharged Mustang 1/4 Mile???

Has anyone seen any times/speeds for 1/4 mile for 2015/16 GT's that are Roushcharged Mustangs with big sticky tires? It appears that "traction control" hurts the times Mustangs run.
Old 04-01-2016, 07:41 AM
Doctor Fishtail

Has anyone seen any times/speeds for 1/4 mile for 2015/16 GT's that are Roushcharged Mustangs with big sticky tires? It appears that "traction control" hurts the times Mustangs run.
When going to the track ALWAYS turn off traction control. If it is on you might as well not even run. Your times will suck.
Old 04-01-2016, 01:39 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Doctor Fishtail
When going to the track ALWAYS turn off traction control. If it is on you might as well not even run. Your times will suck.
I noticed that big time! With the traction control off & stock tires it will be quite a challenge if not near impossible to run a decent time. I suspect with the best tires my car would be approaching high 11 second runs in the 1/4 mile. One benefit of stock tires is it protects the driveline. Not being a racer, I'd rather have tire slip than broken driveline parts. I suspect 670 HP with slicks could give you a few broken parts now & then!

Last edited by Mr. D; 04-01-2016 at 01:43 PM.
Old 04-02-2016, 10:29 AM
1 Alibi 2
3rd Gear Member

I noticed that big time! With the traction control off & stock tires it will be quite a challenge if not near impossible to run a decent time. I suspect with the best tires my car would be approaching high 11 second runs in the 1/4 mile. One benefit of stock tires is it protects the driveline. Not being a racer, I'd rather have tire slip than broken driveline parts. I suspect 670 HP with slicks could give you a few broken parts now & then!
Slicks for a manual car, drag radials for an auto.
If your car is equipped with launch control, that also won't help you.
Old 04-04-2016, 10:07 AM
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

wow mr d that looks awesome.
at last a fast mustang that can corner aswell
Old 04-07-2016, 02:04 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rudolph Hucker
wow mr d that looks awesome.
at last a fast mustang that can corner aswell
Thanx! I see you like yellow too!

Join the crowd in the "Off Topic Politics Section" & tell us about the politics & medical services in Sweden! Americans are convinced anything but our medical system will cause us all to die! Be interested in hearing what the car culture is like where you are! Would you consider taking "Donald Trump" from us! PLEASE!!!! LOL!
Old 04-08-2016, 10:44 AM
Spork3245
2nd Gear Member

High 11s with a supercharger boosting the hp to 670? A tune alone puts people at low 12s. I expect low 11s with stock tires; you should be matching or beating hellcats.
Old 04-14-2016, 03:49 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Spork3245
High 11s with a supercharger boosting the hp to 670? A tune alone puts people at low 12s. I expect low 11s with stock tires; you should be matching or beating hellcats.
You can expect what you want, but "realistically" the difference between 12.5 in the quarter & 11.0 seconds is a lot! I think tires are a major issue in drag racing. Stock tires on my car don't get it off the line, but then that's just fine because I don't street/drag race so I don't really care. From the Youtube races between a GT 350 & a Hellcat, I think a supercharged 5.0L automatic is likely faster than a Hellcat because of weight of the Hellcat! What I do care about is usable acceleration from 20 to 80 MPH, & the supercharged 5.0L is pretty damned fast there & I have a hell of a lot less invested in my Mustang... which has a value to me! For the average guy, I think a "stock" GT with just a tune/or not.... is the most bang for the buck. There is always someone faster, & a stock GT is pretty nice to drive!
Old 04-14-2016, 11:54 PM
Spork3245
2nd Gear Member

You can expect what you want, but "realistically" the difference between 12.5 in the quarter & 11.0 seconds is a lot! I think tires are a major issue in drag racing. Stock tires on my car don't get it off the line, but then that's just fine because I don't street/drag race so I don't really care. From the Youtube races between a GT 350 & a Hellcat, I think a supercharged 5.0L automatic is likely faster than a Hellcat because of weight of the Hellcat! What I do care about is usable acceleration from 20 to 80 MPH, & the supercharged 5.0L is pretty damned fast there & I have a hell of a lot less invested in my Mustang... which has a value to me! For the average guy, I think a "stock" GT with just a tune/or not.... is the most bang for the buck. There is always someone faster, & a stock GT is pretty nice to drive!
*12.3 with just a tune
12.7-12.8 is the 1/4 at stock.
Hellcats run something like 11.2-11.4 quarters, if you think you'll be beating them then you should def be in the low 11s, not the high.

Anywho, my point was that a $9k supercharger better put your times more then a few tenths of a second faster than a $400 tune will, even if you're running those stock pirelli tires
I can't seem to find any solid performance figures for Roush kits (just hp increases and whatnot), but I can't imagine the quarter time being anything less than a full second faster than a S550 with just a tune.

Last edited by Spork3245; 04-14-2016 at 11:59 PM.

Quick Reply: Picked Up My Roush Supercharged 2016 GT