Notices
5.0L GT S550 Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the GT variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.

Mustang GT 2015 Whipple Supercharger

Old 06-04-2016, 05:28 AM
Cuong

Default Mustang GT 2015 Whipple Supercharger

Hi guys,

I am thinking to upgrade my GT 2015 with a Whipple Supercharger. Anyone here familiar with Whipple Supercharger?
The kit go with PCM flash device. Do i need to use any special device or just my laptop to reprogramming procedures? Or i have to go to performance garage to reprograme?
I think i can do installation works at home but i dont know anything about reprogramming.

Thanks in advance for helping.

Calvin
Old 06-04-2016, 11:00 AM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

IMO you are just asking for trouble. Have an ASE mechanic install a Roush supercharger and retain your warranty and have all the horsepower and drive ability you need.
Old 06-05-2016, 03:30 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Agreed! It will also mean a lot in resale value down the road! Nothing personal as I have no idea of how good a mechanic you are, but I wouldn't buy a used GT from a person that installed their own supercharger. I think you're better off with a Roush/Ford Racing Supercharger with a warranty!
Old 06-05-2016, 07:47 AM
1 Alibi 2
3rd Gear Member

Unless you're a " skilled " tuner, messing with the supplied tune, would be an error in judgment.
Websites are full of threads by people who knew better & wound up hurting or blowing up their motor.
Old 06-05-2016, 11:31 AM
Cuong

It means i have no chance to upgrade my GT.
Thanks for your advise guys.
Old 06-07-2016, 02:54 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cuong
It means i have no chance to upgrade my GT.
Thanks for your advise guys.
Unless you have money easily available to spend I don't recommend a supercharger. A standard GT has pretty good power as is. Much of what a supercharger gives you is unusable power in today's traffic. If you have to have a supercharger wait until you can do it right! It's worth the extra money to get a Roush/Ford Racing Supercharger & have a professional install it so you get a warranty! "Being happy isn't getting what you want... it's wanting what you get!" There's always somebody faster!
Old 06-12-2016, 09:43 AM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

Get the whipple, best kit in the market IMO. Comes with tune which far exceeds anything the other blower manufactures have and their customer service is outstanding. Who cares about traffic. You have to pay for the roush warranty + whatever miles you have already have come off the 3yr/36k miles warranty they give you. Example, youre at 20k miles, you install roush, youre covered until the 36k mile mark. Plus dealers will rape you on installs. Get a Whipple during at 10-15% discount offer from lethal.

Last edited by darkmach1; 06-12-2016 at 09:46 AM.
Old 06-14-2016, 06:09 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Getting more HP is easy just by pushing the engine harder! Having "no problems down the road" is another consideration. From what I can tell the Whipple & others are a good setups, but I prefer the Roush/Ford installation. With the Roush setup I think you can get the full cost of adding the supercharger back over the wholesale cost of the Mustang when selling the car down the road. I did! I don't know you could do that with the other supercharger installs. I also think the warranty of the supercharger itself is constant regardless of when you put it on the car. The Ford/Roush combined warranty on a new Mustang is a different issue. To do a complete & careful install of an entire Roush supercharger kit with all the various parts & hoses involved takes at very least a full day for an professional used to doing them regularly. It's not just pulling off the stock intake & putting a supercharger in place. The installer also has the liability of the installation.
Old 06-16-2016, 05:36 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr. D
Getting more HP is easy just by pushing the engine harder! Having "no problems down the road" is another consideration. From what I can tell the Whipple & others are a good setups, but I prefer the Roush/Ford installation. With the Roush setup I think you can get the full cost of adding the supercharger back over the wholesale cost of the Mustang when selling the car down the road. I did! I don't know you could do that with the other supercharger installs. I also think the warranty of the supercharger itself is constant regardless of when you put it on the car. The Ford/Roush combined warranty on a new Mustang is a different issue. To do a complete & careful install of an entire Roush supercharger kit with all the various parts & hoses involved takes at very least a full day for an professional used to doing them regularly. It's not just pulling off the stock intake & putting a supercharger in place. The installer also has the liability of the installation.

Look into it, it's from the time the car was purchased. Also the warranty doesn't come with the blower, it's purchased ($1000). Whipple also sells a powertrain warranty for $500.
Old 06-18-2016, 03:55 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by darkmach1
Look into it, it's from the time the car was purchased. Also the warranty doesn't come with the blower, it's purchased ($1000). Whipple also sells a powertrain warranty for $500.
We are not disagreeing on the facts! I'm trying to get in some facts based on my experience. Around here some will disagree if I say 1 +1 = 2.

3-Year/36,000-Mile ROUSH-supplied parts only limited warranty. Optional 3-Year/36,000-Mile ROUSH Drivetrain Warranty available for purchase ($995.00 additional)

In my opinion, "IF" the supercharger is installed properly... the additional warranty is a waste of money unless you beat the car. As I have stated, Ford covered a bad transmission under warranty with a Roush supercharger on the car. There was no sign of abuse & it was a main drive bearing that was making noise. I suspect they looked at the clutch & saw the car had not been abused & decided it was a Ford problem. To be fair I was 66 years old & not a 22 year old that looked like a racer. Of course things like that play into Ford Services Decision how to treat a warranty issue, but legal precedent says that the burden is on Ford to show your modification or use caused the failure. Others will disagree as always... but they are wrong. Of course who wants to fight Ford? In buying my new Mustang I told the Service Manager of my concern about the warranty & he told me not to worry about warranty issues because of the supercharger, in fact he offered to put a Roush supercharger on my car at the dealership. I chose to have it put on by a Roush authorized shop that I had used before as I had faith in that shop. Everyone should buy what they think is best... but considering the value of the car 5 or 8 years down the road I believe a Roush/Ford Racing Supercharger Kit was the best choice!

Here's how it worked out for me after driving the car for 8 years! The car was in mint condition so it sold for top Blue Book value "PLUS" what I spent for the supercharger.

Last edited by Mr. D; 06-18-2016 at 04:25 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mustang GT 2015 Whipple Supercharger