Notices
5.0L GT S550 Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the GT variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.

Redline

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 06:38 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

Neither Lund nor Ken at palm beach dyno have any issue retuning Roush setups. Not a big fan of that guy at AED. Im Procharger now on a Lund tune and besides chirping/whistle of the blower you wouldn't known its supercharged. No revisions were needed, I was sent a tune and asked to do idle and free rev to 3.5k rpm log. Extracted the log and sent to Lund. Then asked me to do a 3rd gear pull from 2.5 to 4K at wide open throttle. Then to 5k, then to 7k. Just confirming fuel and timing was ok all the way up. Holds steady AFRs and solid 19-20* of timing on 93 octane. It's a missile. I'm very pleased.

Last edited by darkmach1; 02-14-2017 at 06:44 PM.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:32 PM
jc5057
1st Gear Member

Default Tune

Thay is nice it works good. Yeah sean at AED did not seem to helpful. My car rips and is fast but when i lay in to hard the roish torgue management kills it for a second. Then comes back on soft . Supposley Gavin at roush has solved it and this new tune im March is suppose to be the holy grail. I will try it as it is free and if not happy i will get a hold of Justin from VMP and give it a try. I heard good stuff about him. I did put a carbon fiber driveshaft on it 2 weeks ago and the take off power is insane but like i siad 3/4 throttle and the tune sucks and i explained all this with roush and they agreed they have a fix for this torgue limiting issue. So one last time and if no go i am done with roush
Old 02-14-2017, 08:56 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

Justin is very good as well. Would be nice if you had a way to datalog, I would recommend picking up an unmarried programmer (SCT or Ngauge) even if Roush nails down the tune. In the future if something doesn't seem right you can datalog it with the programmer and either troubleshoot yourself or have guys online help. Plus is always easier if you supply Roush with a datalog along with your concerns. How did you like the CF DS? Any vibration? What brand?
Old 02-14-2017, 09:57 PM
jc5057
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by darkmach1
Justin is very good as well. Would be nice if you had a way to datalog, I would recommend picking up an unmarried programmer (SCT or Ngauge) even if Roush nails down the tune. In the future if something doesn't seem right you can datalog it with the programmer and either troubleshoot yourself or have guys online help. Plus is always easier if you supply Roush with a datalog along with your concerns. How did you like the CF DS? Any vibration? What brand?
As for the drive shaft I went with the Drive Shaft Shop brand bought from American muscle for the Automatic I have CArbon Fiber. I did a lot of research before buying and could not find any horror stories or failures.

Install was straight forward removed my catback magnaflow exhaust and out with the 51 pound 2 piece steel anchor. the new one is 18 pounds and I was like wow hope this holds up with my supercharged beast......................

I have no vibrations and the power is more instant from dead stop. I run 20x10 wheels in the back and 20x9 in front so when I took off I was like wow felt lighter like the car lost 100 pounds or more like I'm rolling with 17 wheels but I am not.

When you step on it no lag just goes like bat out of hell feels like tranny is connected to rear end with no drive line. Also it is smoother when it shifts and downshifts as that's the little bit of torsenol twist of the carbon fiber.
It made a big difference for the better I barely give it gas and its gone where before you can feel the engine working more to get u going. when cruising 80 and I gas it hard it gets up to 120 faster like there is more top end I think all the 30 pounds eliminated off stock drive line just makes engine happier and more free reving.

I highly recommend it done 400 miles and jacked up the car to check all bolts and all are still in torque spec and no signs of anything bad.

Now after I got my revised Roush tune #2 car was perfect but since I installed the carbon fiber drive shaft the Roush torque limiting crap is kicking in now cuase the engine power is putting more to rear tires 305.

I had a lengthy conversation with Roush Gavin and told him this is your crap tune am I willing to buy your phase 2 or another tune because I cant deal with it. So long story short he agreed with me and convinced me to wait till March the first weeks that they have a new calibration and I will be very happy with it as it gets rid of the torgue management BS

So I will give it a try as it is free and my car is not a daily driver but if #3 calibration still has issues then I am done with Roush strike 3 ha ha ha

but yeah I love the drive shaft
Old 02-14-2017, 09:59 PM
jc5057
1st Gear Member

Old 02-15-2017, 05:20 AM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

Solid. I mainly would like to remove some weight via DS but also add a DS loop for safety. Pretty sure the stock auto driveshaft is lighter than the manual driveshaft which is 29lbs. But yea, I'm sure it's still noticeable when it comes to revving.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:14 PM
jc5057
1st Gear Member

So I have got my computer back from Roush this is tune #3 and FINALLY it grips and rips!

When I installed the computer 4 days ago it fired up and I drove it and felt lazy so after checking a few things....like Rev per mile setting and connections I decided to remove the air box lid. I also have a open hood with big vents that brings fresh air in to the air box.

This car is amazing now. I turn the advance track off when I drive it with it in sport mode plus. So now at a dead stop I can lay in to the gas hard I mean hard and it lifts the front end and pushes me in the seat and closes in like warp speed no more BOG or glitches. The 305 on the rear with the steeda sub frame braces and steeda sway bars makes it stay straight when dropping all the power down just grip and rips!

I actually raced a Shelby GT500 a 2014 and it was neck to neck with him. Feels good to have a set up that works finally. I was rolling 30 MPH when a Dodge Hemi challenger rolled up and we both hit it at that point and my stang just jumped 2 car links ahead of him when I floored it.

This roush tune works and the open air box just made it more powerful. I can hear the blower whine loud and the gas pedal imput is like explosive responsive with the carbon fiber drive line
Old 03-20-2017, 11:00 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Nice glad they finally got it working for you.