Notices
5.0L GT S550 Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the GT variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.

Redline

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 08:12 AM
fender12
1st Gear Member

Default Redline

Yesterday I was driving down an open highway and decided to get into the gas a little in sports+. When I did the car redlined then completely let off the gas. On screen I was getting a see manual warning with a little wrench that stayed up which I couldn't find in the manual. From that point to the house the car was running slow, wouldn't let me give it much gas, and would not let me change modes or access track apps. When I got home I turned it off and waited then back on. Everything seemed normal with no warning lights but as I was going through all features it wouldn't allow me to use features like line lock. I let the car cool down, open the hood, disconnected the battery and let it sit. After a while I drove the car again to check everything out and everything seems perfect. Does anyone have any idea of what could have happened? For reference my car is a 2017 premium with a roush phase 1 supercharger and automatic trans. The gm at the ford dealer I use said it's fine but I don't trust his judgement.
Old 02-12-2017, 09:34 AM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

Sounds like a ****ty Roush tune. Good luck with that. See if it will do it every time you go to redline. Get the GM to get with you in the car and do a few revs to redline and see if it will come up.
Old 02-12-2017, 10:34 AM
1 Alibi 2
3rd Gear Member

If the dealership did the work, they need to find / fix the issue.
Old 02-12-2017, 12:27 PM
fender12
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 1 Alibi 2
If the dealership did the work, they need to find / fix the issue.
The dealer did the install and I'm starting not to trust them. I think I'll call roush on Monday and talk to technical support and maybe find a roush certified tech or dealer to take it to if one is around here.
Old 02-12-2017, 01:11 PM
fender12
1st Gear Member

Found the warning in the manual and it says powertrain malfunction so that explains why it only let me limp home. Everything seems fine now but I'll get a check up and let everyone know what they say.
Old 02-13-2017, 04:44 PM
jc5057
1st Gear Member

I have a 2015 GT automatic with the same phase 1 kit from Roush. Don't bother with your dealership call Roush at warranty department ask to speak to Gavin. They have a new TUNE/Calibration that will be ready in March 2017 for you. They have been having problems with there current tunes on phase 1
Old 02-14-2017, 02:03 PM
fender12
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jc5057
I have a 2015 GT automatic with the same phase 1 kit from Roush. Don't bother with your dealership call Roush at warranty department ask to speak to Gavin. They have a new TUNE/Calibration that will be ready in March 2017 for you. They have been having problems with there current tunes on phase 1

Talked to Gavin today. He said it's because of the tune and to just not push the car as hard until the new tune comes out. He said there should be no issues with the trans it just failed and made me limp to protect it which is what I figured. He also said to have the dealership file a warranty claim to roush because they would like to keep track of all the cars having issues. So in case anyone else has this issue call roush and report it or your dealer and to reset the failure all it requires is to turn the car off and on again.
Old 02-14-2017, 03:29 PM
jc5057
1st Gear Member

Default Roush tune

I told you it was there tune. I have already had 2 diffrent tunes from roush. 1st one was real bad. 2nd one i have now is better but problem is when you get on it hard it starts shutting down. So i cant wait for tune number 3 hope they get it rigjt after 3 tunes
Old 02-14-2017, 04:38 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

Wow you guys impress me with your patience. No way I could put up with that crap.
Old 02-14-2017, 05:13 PM
jc5057
1st Gear Member

Default Roish tune

Here is my problem i live in california and phase 1 is emmision legal. I spoke to Aed Shawn about a cutom dyno tune. Was told the roush tune in my ecm is encrypted and a pain to re tune. He also said he needs a stategy code to try to break it. Told to call SCT they dont have it on file. So i am the mercy of Roush to fix there tune. If i new all this BS i would have just gone with a VMP set up. I am frustrated too but no local tuner seems to want to mess with the Roush crap. I am not sure or know how to get away from roush tune the tuners i have spoke to seem to be like we can try and not reassuring to me . So if you darkmouth know the run down pm me info and maybe a phone number i have cash to to another tune and did not pay for the roush extended warrnaty