Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Its official! The 5.0 has returned with 412/390 NOW WITH VIDEO!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 10:09 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Daniel60
You supercharger guys still have nothing to feel bad about you have the best looking stang with still superior horsepower.
The only regret I have my friend, is not buying that black/gray GT500 sitting on the showroom floor the day I bought mine. With what I've dumped into mine, it would have taken me probably 3 years to pay out as much cash in monthly payment as I dropped over a period of a few weeks into mine. Not only would the cash outlay have been less of a "bomb", but I'd have a GT500, lol. Live and learn... When I'm done with this thing, I think I'm just going to buy a Corvette and have it over with. You can buy used C6's with < 10,000 miles on them for low 30s all day long around here.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:13 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mudflap
The only regret I have my friend, is not buying that black/gray GT500 sitting on the showroom floor the day I bought mine. With what I've dumped into mine, it would have taken me probably 3 years to pay out as much cash in monthly payment as I dropped over a period of a few weeks into mine. Not only would the cash outlay have been less of a "bomb", but I'd have a GT500, lol. Live and learn... When I'm done with this thing, I think I'm just going to buy a Corvette and have it over with. You can buy used C6's with < 10,000 miles on them for low 30s all day long around here.

Come on muscle car guy don't do that. Mustang is damn sexy and more fun to drive. Remember old bastards my age drive that turd. I'm 49.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:25 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Cars. It's a money thing. Those that have it will. If I were loaded I couldn't care less about my resale value and would just go pay cash for a new 5.0 GT.

But I'm not. So I'm "stuck" with this 300hp 3v. Oh well. Guess it could be worse. lol
Old 12-29-2009, 10:47 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Hey does anyone know what gear this new hot rod will be running?
Old 12-29-2009, 10:52 AM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

no need to re-write, I was wanting a muscle car but would never bought, then I got *** ended by an undocumented from south of border, no id no insurance, so needed a car and with that urge in, me had no choice really, they wanted to give me a '09 gt new, roush charged package for 26,000 but i heard so many improvements to '10, i got, then 4 months later 5,000 off now 6,000. z06 next, hmmmmmmmmmm maybe.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:56 AM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

Only reason I did not get GT500 was I'm using as daily driver and wanted muscle but best milage, why I did not get challenger I was drooling over.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:58 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTJT2010
Only reason I did not get GT500 was I'm using as daily driver and wanted muscle but best milage, why I did not get challenger I was drooling over.
My advice is if you're regretting the purchase, don't continue modding that thing at all. Right now you can have it back to nearly stock in < 1 hour. I wish I could say the same for mine, lol. Its a great time to buy, why not trade it for a Challenger before the end of the year?
Old 12-29-2009, 11:04 AM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

oh not regretting i'm staying with stang everyone loves it, i love it, not supercharging unless someone bought it for, i would pay labor to installed but i don't want a challenger looks too much like the ugly camaro's.lol
Old 12-29-2009, 11:19 AM
SirDrums
2nd Gear Member

I don't want anyone to get me wrong from my first post on here. I do love the '10 but this is my first muscle car and owning a GT was a dream of mine, I bought an '10 because usually, they don't do huge upgrades (from my experience) until the next redesign. I know they may up the HP a little here, or tweek the interior there. But toally swapping out the drive train?

Also I went into my dealer and told him about the rumors of the 5.0 and he said theay they haven't heard anything and that there is always rumors about the 5.0

I was looking forward to owning the car a year or so before it was out classed by an upgrade.

I bought it in november, its not even january and.. oops! LOL.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:36 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mudflap
My advice is if you're regretting the purchase, don't continue modding that thing at all. Right now you can have it back to nearly stock in < 1 hour. I wish I could say the same for mine, lol. Its a great time to buy, why not trade it for a Challenger before the end of the year?
Mudflap will those black covers fit my car if I have the bezels? I'm talking about the tail lights.

Quick Reply: Its official! The 5.0 has returned with 412/390 NOW WITH VIDEO!