Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Its official! The 5.0 has returned with 412/390 NOW WITH VIDEO!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 05:30 PM
Biceps
3rd Gear Member

Bottom line is there has to be a clear distinction in price between the 2010 GT and the 2011 GT, just like there is a clear distinction in price between the V6, GT, and GT500 Otherwise, there is ZERO incentive to buy the 2010 GT and Ford will lose a lot of money. That won't happen. Right now, superchargers start at 4.5K, so I would plan on at least a 4k price increase, with the 2011 GT starting at $33,999. Markup will place them around $37,999.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:37 PM
Adam
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Biceps
Bottom line is there has to be a clear distinction in price between the 2010 GT and the 2011 GT, just like there is a clear distinction in price between the V6, GT, and GT500 Otherwise, there is ZERO incentive to buy the 2010 GT and Ford will lose a lot of money. That won't happen. Right now, superchargers start at 4.5K, so I would plan on at least a 4k price increase, with the 2011 GT starting at $33,999. Markup will place them around $37,999.
Just like 2009 to 2010. It never ends. Cars are a depreciating asset as we all know.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:12 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

Not even 2010, waving that carrot, in front of america now, I'll still mad when Ford and many others needed us to step and buy there product but would not bend, i wrote a letter todat to this effect, whether i get a positive answer, you don't know unless you ask.

"I bought my 2010 Mustang GT in April '09 when all american auto companies need the support of buyers like myself, my dealer Crossroads ford in Cary, NC had to be begged to give my something off on the new car, I had no trade in and put $5,000 down, now they or Ford is giving 6,000 off onm my car and getting ready to release 2011 for what I paid,my dealer can't do anything after the fact so I am asking Ford to step up and give me some sort of Add on be it a supercharger or a upgrade to the Navigation system, or some compensation, it sickens me to see I paid 6,000 more than I had to, please step as the dealer can't they said. Thank you, , PS. I have too much into my car to trade in unless I got top dollar, I've put about 6,000 into this car as well."
Old 12-28-2009, 06:26 PM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SirDrums
wow, 412 hp. 6 speed trans, better gas mileage, and rumored at only 1k more.

I am speachless.... I really am. I love my 2010, I really do but I was way misinformed...

I'll get better in a day or two but right now I feel like a complete moron for buying a 2010. I am trying to find ways to feel better about it.. but damn...
I was aware that an engine upgrade was coming for '11 when I ordered my '10 in February of '09. Had I known the upgrade would be 412 HP, I have to be honest, I would've waited. Has there ever been such an upgrade percentage-wise for the same model Mustang?

Anyway, bottom line is I LOVE my car and it is a kick to drive. The fact that the same car is soon to be on the streets with 97 more stock HP is going to be hard to ignore, though.

I'm going to try real hard to resist until next Fall when hopefully we'll know if a true Boss is coming for '12.

We'll see...

Last edited by WeinerDog; 12-28-2009 at 06:28 PM.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:21 AM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTJT2010
Not even 2010, waving that carrot, in front of america now, I'll still mad when Ford and many others needed us to step and buy there product but would not bend, i wrote a letter todat to this effect, whether i get a positive answer, you don't know unless you ask.

"I bought my 2010 Mustang GT in April '09 when all american auto companies need the support of buyers like myself, my dealer Crossroads ford in Cary, NC had to be begged to give my something off on the new car, I had no trade in and put $5,000 down, now they or Ford is giving 6,000 off onm my car and getting ready to release 2011 for what I paid,my dealer can't do anything after the fact so I am asking Ford to step up and give me some sort of Add on be it a supercharger or a upgrade to the Navigation system, or some compensation, it sickens me to see I paid 6,000 more than I had to, please step as the dealer can't they said. Thank you, , PS. I have too much into my car to trade in unless I got top dollar, I've put about 6,000 into this car as well."
Buyers remorse is a b*tch, huh? I hope you don't expect to get anything. You bought the car when the new model just came out. You got the benefit of driving a car that was brand new and received a lot of attention because of it, and you paid the price - full MSRP. Ford, nor the dealer, forced you to buy the car and news of the upgraded 5.0 powerplant was already circulating for 2011.

Good thing you didn't buy a new 2007 GT500 for $20,000 over MSRP like many did when that car came out. They could have waited 9 months and paid MSRP and saved the 20 grand - but they had to have it first.

I would like to buy a new GT with the 5.0 engine, but since I never pay over invoice for a car, I will probably have to wait until 2012 when all of the "gotta haves" have made their purchases at retail or more.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:16 AM
Demon 340
Administrator

GTJT, I mean this in the best way that I can...but I hope that you didnt send that to Ford the way you posted it here.

I dont expect Ford to do anything for you, but if you want I will rewrite that for you so that it isnt so hard to read.

also, lower power or not, your 2010 looks great...i would be happy to have that car.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:36 AM
PhelpsPhan

Here's the way I look at it, there's always going to be something bigger and better. Each year there going to come out with something that tops the previous year this is just good marketing. I believe you should be happy with what you have and like others said you can use the money you saved to bump up the hp
Old 12-29-2009, 10:01 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

wow the people I feel worse for are the new owners of the 2010 models. That should be a truly amazing car and I would love that engine in my 05 and believe it or not I'm still staying with the 05. I would love to have some extra cash for a while and for the price my wife bought my car in 2004 is now the price for the V-6. I just have too much sentimental value in my car and I could never part with her and I damn sure can't afford another one until she is paid off which will be soon thank God.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:02 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

heh, I mean this in a nice way, but Ford's not buying you crap GTJ.

This almost ALWAYS happens, so get used to it any time you buy a car. They always improve over the years, thats just the way it is. The most recent time this has happened to me was in 2005. I bought a 35th Anniversary 350Z. At the time I lived in Utah and it was the only one in the mountain states. In fact, mine was on display up on a big podium at the Auto Show in Salt Lake before I bought it. I saw it there a few weeks before, not knowing it would be in my garage eventually. It had a bunch of little things on it that were "special", but most notably a set of beautiful 5-spoke "35th" wheels, and also it had 300hp vs the regular Z's 287hp at the time. It had a big Brembo brake kit too. Go figure the following year they made those wheels standard on the high performance version and that engine became standard across the entire line. Talk about irritating. In the end, what I got was some floor mats that said "Z 35th" on them to differentiate the car between a 2006 Grand Touring coupe.

Anyhow, the people that buy 2011's will be stoked -- at first. Until 2012 or 2013 when they add a blower or some other piece of candy that sends the 2011 people into the same funk. Its all a cycle. My advice is to buy what you want when you are ready, and be happy with what you've got. The grass is always going to be greener...
Old 12-29-2009, 10:05 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

You supercharger guys still have nothing to feel bad about you have the best looking stang with still superior horsepower.

Anyhow, the people that buy 2011's will be stoked -- at first. Until 2012 or 2013 when they add a blower or some other piece of candy that sends the 2011 people into the same funk.

that's funny as hell. If you don't mind I like to steal that.

Last edited by Daniel60; 12-29-2009 at 10:08 AM.

Quick Reply: Its official! The 5.0 has returned with 412/390 NOW WITH VIDEO!