Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

O/R Prochamber Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 07:23 PM
tungstengrey07gt
2nd Gear Member

Default O/R Prochamber Question

So im getting ready to buy a mac o/r prochamber and ive been hunting and hunting for the best price on one and I think I found it. Stangmods sells its for 409 with free shipping. But here my question, there 2 o/r prochambers, the one thats 409 is the stainless steel one and the other one is aluminized steel and thats only 279 with free shipping. So is it really worth it to spend the extra money to get the SS one or does it not matter. I just one someone opinion on this so that way I dont buy the crapper one. heres the link for both of them.

O/R Prochamber Stainless Steel
http://www.stangmods.com/MAC-Prochamber-p/00180.htm

O/R Prochamber Aluminized Steel
http://www.stangmods.com/MAC-Prochamber-p/00118.htm
Old 02-09-2010, 10:57 PM
GrayGhost01GT
4th Gear Member

I have aluminized bassani catback on my 01 GT and its been 4-5 years and everything still looks good! I say aluminum one!
Old 02-10-2010, 01:25 PM
tungstengrey07gt
2nd Gear Member

Anyone else??
Old 02-10-2010, 06:17 PM
nj07
2nd Gear Member

I have the cheaper one also on my gt its worth it.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:36 PM
tungstengrey07gt
2nd Gear Member

well I ended up going with the pypes o/r h from brenspeed. I like the much louder sound and I heard clips on youtube and this is the sound I want with my mac axle backs. anyone running this set up aswell?
Old 02-10-2010, 10:09 PM
gman73
5th Gear Member

Both the prochamber and h-pipe sound good with the MACs. The o/r h will be a little louder, but the o/r prochamber will be a little deeper.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:11 PM
tungstengrey07gt
2nd Gear Member

Ok so I finally got my pypes o/r h on and its very very loud. almost to loud. But i think ive got a leak somewhere. Ive tightened up every bolt as tight as I could go and when I get on it a WOT its got that loud trumpting noise as well as a loud ticking. I when back under today to check everything and where the midpipe connects to the headers ive tightened that as tight as I can go and I can still move the pipe back and forth a little. Is this normal? I tried and tried to get it as tight as I could but no luck. It still has that loud ticking noise and i just sounds like crap in my opinion. I know pypes does have fitment problems but I went with this one because I had this on my 07gt with the frpp stingers and they sounded great and I never had this problem. So someone ANYONE! can you tell me what the problem is or could be? im thinking about putting the stock pipe back on because im affraid something might happen and its still practically brand new. Should I have go with the o/r prochamber istead??? ahhh idk...
Old 02-18-2010, 07:36 PM
tungstengrey07gt
2nd Gear Member

So after reading some older threads on here I think I found the problem. Pypes recently came out with the new 4 piece o/r h design and thats what I received from brenspeed. Along with that came two additional clamps for where the pipes come down from the headers to connect to the h and then I also go these 2 sleeves and I never installed them. Are they suppose to be installed at the headers?? If so then hopefully this is the problem cause most of the noises seem to be coming from where the headers and midpipe connect... Can anyone help me im desperate to figure this dang this out lol
Old 02-18-2010, 08:48 PM
gman73
5th Gear Member

I am not too sure about the install, maybe someone else will chime in. Trumpeting is common with o/r mid-pipes. You could have resonators installed just before the axle that will smooth-en out the tone and reduce or get rid of the trumpeting altogether.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:27 PM
tungstengrey07gt
2nd Gear Member

yea i also thought about that as well but I think once I install this two sleeve that it will get rid of this hissing / ticking noise that I hear coming from the manifold... someone chime in if I wrong here. Im gonna go under tomorrow hopefully and install them and see if it solves the problem. Got my fingers crossed that it will.

Quick Reply: O/R Prochamber Question