Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

11 Mustang GT Guys Question!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 09:42 PM
GrayGhost01GT
4th Gear Member

hey Bluestang, yea man I wish I knew since my car is already ordered I would love even to get a 1k cash back or a 2% interest rate! Go to your dealer and take the 5.0 plunge with us your dealer might surprise you with pricing! I know they sure did surprise me
Old 03-31-2010, 10:24 PM
Lil_Chef
3rd Gear Member

Yeah my GT is a premium

But i dont think im going to do it. the cost just isn't worth it. i could do all of the basic bolt-ons for around 7K (intake/Tune, Headers, Driveshaft, Camshaft, Brembo Brakes/slotted Rotors, and the wheels i would need to accommodate the brakes)

trading in the car for a 5.0 would cost me 11-12 Thousand depending on taxes and such. after which i would still want to do a tune, driveshaft, and Slotted rotors. from a money stand point it just doesnt make sense as a college student.

the good news from it all is the dealer ordered the car i configured since they were going to order a car today anyways. they will call me when it gets in and maybe they will let me test drive it
Old 04-01-2010, 12:14 AM
GrayGhost01GT
4th Gear Member

I hear you on that one man, I think you are making a smart decsion this coming from a college student also. I just got such a great deal and had some positive equity! Well if you get to drive one before I get mine I better see your impressions on here man lol!
Old 04-01-2010, 01:29 AM
wantgt
1st Gear Member

I'm going on Friday to talk to the Military car sales people here on Ramstein. They are claiming 5k under MSRP so it would be kind of dumb to not get one. Have a 2007 VW GTI paid off that I will be selling so it is a no brainer.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:37 AM
sdsguy
3rd Gear Member

i'm stalling to see if i get a new job (pays a crap ton more), pay off my debts and maybe order one in the 2nd build that way i can see what rebates are out.

i've got ford stock so i'm capable of getting the xplan pricing (if that fails, costco, AAA, and credit union will help). i'm think it'll be around 35K with the options i want. sterling grey gt premium, 3.73's, HID's and security package. contemplating the nav system.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:00 AM
wantgt
1st Gear Member

You can run a computer setup in the car for far less than the factory nav. Hell most GPS head units out there are cheaper unless you want all the other stuff that comes with the nav package.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:08 AM
sdsguy
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wantgt
You can run a computer setup in the car for far less than the factory nav. Hell most GPS head units out there are cheaper unless you want all the other stuff that comes with the nav package.
i kinda like the aesthetics of the nav package in the car. gives the center console area a cleaner look and since there is yet an aftermarket for indash nav...

however, i would most likely pass on the nav since it's not something i use. if i need to get somewhere new, i generally use my iPhone. i think the GT premium comes with sync right?
Old 04-01-2010, 02:10 AM
Sam I am
2nd Gear Member

Did I mention D-plan rocks?

My car is still scheduled to be built on April 5th, but the ETA at the store has been pushed back to 4/30, DOH!
Old 04-01-2010, 02:18 AM
wantgt
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by sdsguy
i kinda like the aesthetics of the nav package in the car. gives the center console area a cleaner look and since there is yet an aftermarket for indash nav...

however, i would most likely pass on the nav since it's not something i use. if i need to get somewhere new, i generally use my iPhone. i think the GT premium comes with sync right?
Yea I think it has like a year free of sync. I am curious about something though. I priced mine with the backup camera but not NAV. Does the stock unit have a screen on it or something?
Old 04-01-2010, 02:40 AM
robinsonda1
2nd Gear Member

The back up camera will display in the rear view mirror on non Nav systems.

Quick Reply: 11 Mustang GT Guys Question!