Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Squeaking Breaks...

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 06:52 PM
crzyforddrvr

Default Squeaking Breaks...

My 2010 has about 7,000 miles on it and the front brakes squeak when coming to a stop. They squeak I'd say from 10mph until stopped. It's not super bad but it's enough to **** me off. Sounds like I'm driving a jalopy sometimes. Anybody else have this problem? Any recommended solutions for this? Thanks.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:59 PM
cidsamuth
2nd Gear Member

Years ago, squeaky disk brakes were common.

I was under the impression that, anymore, squeaking was an indicator of a problem. Maybe not, but perhaps a trip to the dealer just in case? Is this something that is consistent enough that you can easily replicate it for a tech?
Old 05-07-2010, 07:01 PM
crzyforddrvr

Yeah it's consistent. It happens everytime I stop. Maybe I'll see what the dealer has to say.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:06 PM
cidsamuth
2nd Gear Member

Can't hurt.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:11 PM
mikenavy
1st Gear Member

When mine was at the dealer I had them look at the rear passenger wheel. Not only does that brake squeek constantly. But the suspension on that side also squeaks whenever going over bumpy road.

They supposedly looked at it and said nothing was wrong. I know they drove the car around as they put about 30 miles on it. But apparently they had earplugs in or something.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:20 PM
Lil_Chef
3rd Gear Member

my brakes started squeaking after a day at the track. im not really looking into it tho since im getting a brake kit over the summer
Old 05-07-2010, 08:33 PM
Heat00
1st Gear Member

i'm glad someone brought this up!! Thought it was just my car. only happens when I hit the brakes lol. it is hated.
I only have 1400 miles and my drivers front wheel has been squeaking since day 1 I think.
it is very loud and ridiculous and does warrant going to deal, I just don't have time but I will get there soon. it may have to be at the first oil change.
btw, do you guys go in before the 5k, especially for the first one??
Old 05-07-2010, 09:31 PM
mikenavy
1st Gear Member

I went in at 3k
Old 05-08-2010, 07:05 AM
CFC3000

I had a similar issue.
Quick questions:
1. Does the squeaking frequency slow as you come to a stop?
2. Does the squeaking occur as a certain brake pressure, i.e. light pedal or a strong stop?

I had about 1700 miles on the car when I parked it for the winter. When I brought it back I noticed this chirping that would occur under light brake pressure that would vary based on the speed of the car. I pulled the wheels to look at the rotor and you could see a slight ghost image of the brake pad on the rotor after wiping it clean. I couldn’t stand the sound of chirping as I came to a stop so I replaced the rotors and pads with NAPA’s ultra premiums. I am now at 5k miles and couldn’t be happier! I Will have to see if it does it again after sitting next winter. I sure don’t want to have to replace brakes every freaking year!
Old 05-08-2010, 01:06 PM
mikenavy
1st Gear Member

Mine would squeak under light pressure at varying speeds.

Quick Reply: Squeaking Breaks...