Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Possible spare for Brembos

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 06:41 PM
Old Chuck

Default Possible spare for Brembos

Looking for the easiest way to have a spare with the Brembos. It would seem that one could use any standard 19" wheel for the rear and change the tires around so you use the spare on the rear. However, a while back someone mentioned that some 18" wheels will fit with the Brembos. It would also seem that if some 18's will fit over the Brembos then some 19's would as well. Does anyone know these wheels well enough to be able to tell which 19s will fit over the front Brembos? This would seem to be the answer for anyone who wants a spare and the Brembos...
Old 06-13-2010, 07:41 PM
Driver72
3rd Gear Member

Is the spare on non Brembo brake fitted cars a full size spare?
If not, other than strapping it down in the trunk, where do you plan on carrying this 19" full size spare tire?

Why not just carrying the mobility kit (or what I do two cans of Slime and a small plug in the 12V outlet air compressor in the trunk).
How often do you get a blow out anyway where the air compressor and/or can of Slime won't get you to a tire repair shop to get the leak taken care of.

If you travel a lot and are in between towns, then I could see wanting to strap a full size spare in the trunk, otherwise, roll on with the mobility kit and worry not.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:27 AM
Old Chuck

Default Driver 72

Not sure about the full size or donut in non brembos. Will have to check. I know the mobility kit will solve most situations however, I have had two sidewalls blow out in the past several years. Given a sidewall, a tire kit will not help. Also, not sure what the tire slime does to the Tire Pressure sensors. I know that in most situations the kit will get you home and I have only had two sidewalls give way in over 40 years of driving but when it did, I was in a bad place and changing a tire would have been much quicker..I guess I believe in Murphy and want to avoid the worst.