Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

God I LOVE this motor!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 10:15 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

A blower would work the same, just have to run less boost. Pound for pound higher comp motors will make more power. Many more factors than just static compression ratio are involved.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:24 PM
3fan
1st Gear Member

Cmon guys we all drive mustangs so somebody is faster. Someone else will beat him. I got some extra ponies and happy too have them. Take your whoopin like a mna and go on.

Hey Siggy I enjoyed your rebuild thread and I am looking into that also. Thanks.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:01 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Guess I should sig it again hehe.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:11 PM
SandMan123
1st Gear Member

A guy posts about how he loves his new car/motor. Subsequent posts show up from guys with 4.6's talking about how their motor is still good and how well they can compete with the new 5.0's. Just seems rather defensive, considering the original post wasn't really offensive in nature. So he said he blew past a guy in a 2010 . . . the 4.6's get their underwear all in a twist and the "wouldn't happen to MY 4.6" talk starts lol.
Okay, I have to agree with this, and admit it drew a smile when I read it because this is really on the mark. I posted my original thread in the 5.0 section specifically for other 5.0 owners to read--in no way was I intending for it to be a "my 5.0 is better than the 4.6" statement, but I guess I was naive in assuming my post would be read only by 5.0 owners. Either way, I'm pretty surprised by how much "ire" has come out of the woodwork here because that certainly wasn't my intent, and I apologize if I've offended any 4.6 owners. This is certainly a watershed/high point moment for Ford in developing this new motor and I thought everyone would be equally excited?!

There's no need to trash 4.6 owners
I definitely wasn't trying to do this...I wrote my post not thinking it would be read by other 4.6 owners (obviously this was bad thinking on my part), and again, I apologize for any hurt feelings, I certainly would have choosen my words more carefully had I known the audience.

Last edited by SandMan123; 07-22-2010 at 11:17 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:11 AM
parchisi
3rd Gear Member

Good Lord this thread went downhill fast!

dominant1, I noticed you used my quote as an example of arrogance. I apologize, but it wasn't, its a movie quote, it was a joke at 5.0 owners expense. If you don't get it, watch Anchorman, and if you do get it, watch it anyways, its a great movie!
Old 07-23-2010, 06:24 AM
blm1278
1st Gear Member

I chose to upgrade to the '11 because it makes the HP stock that would have cost me several thousand dollars worth of adders to make in my '07. I loved my 3V 4.6, it was a great car and I was sad to see it go, but I love my new one just that much more. I have never nor will I ever knock a previous gen Mustang, but that doesn't stop me from giggling like a school girl every time I drop the hammer in my new one. As far as it sounding like a European car, that is BS, the Flows I have on are all muscle.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:26 AM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

LOL, no need to "feel sorry" for me and my '10, I love it! Looking forward to future options like a BOSS and the 50th and glad Ford is going forward, not backward.

I think I'll wait and see how the rumors unfold regarding the Boss and if I like what I see/hear, get one. If not, it's M90 for the 4.6 until the 50th debuts! Or heck, I may just leave it (mostly) as-is.

Truly great times for Mustang fans. Enjoy what ya have and no need for pity on fellow Stang owners.

Last edited by WeinerDog; 07-23-2010 at 07:29 AM.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:03 PM
SirDrums
2nd Gear Member

I like to come to the 5.0 board because I am curious how the new motor is holding up. I bet that is what alot of 4.6 ers and older gens are doing in here. So dont be surprised if you start 'feeling sorry for the 2010 guys' with 'little 4.6's" that you're going to get a few feathers ruffled up.

Having said that I am glad that the motor is doing great and your enjoying driving your new car.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:17 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

I feel sorry for them in that they just threw down money on a new car, and a year later that same car is released but with a 6 speed and 110 more hp. I'd feel a bit jipped too. That's not to say the 2010 isn't a nice car with a lot of potential, but I'd certainly feel bad for someone who just shelled out the 30+ grand the year before.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:58 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
I feel sorry for them in that they just threw down money on a new car, and a year later that same car is released but with a 6 speed and 110 more hp. I'd feel a bit jipped too. That's not to say the 2010 isn't a nice car with a lot of potential, but I'd certainly feel bad for someone who just shelled out the 30+ grand the year before.
Well said...i really think that's the whole point...We all love Mustangs..but if i bought a 10..i know i would be pissed when the 11 came out..Buyer beware..

Quick Reply: God I LOVE this motor!