Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Test drove the 5.0...holy $hit! What is the lowest I can get a GT for???

Old 08-06-2010, 09:50 PM
r00st
1st Gear Member

Default Test drove the 5.0...holy $hit! What is the lowest I can get a GT for???

I have always been a die hard mustang fan but never owned one in my 24 years on this planet (I know...I have time...I hope lol). I currently drive an SVT Focus and it has gotten me a long way, just not all that quickly!

I have driven/ridden in just about every mustang model/engine out there. I drove the '11 v6 a week ago and an auto '11 GT just last night. Even with 3 people in the car I was truly amazed at the power. I have ridden in a termi (by far my fav stang ever) and this just felt more refined. I told the salesman I had no intention to buy the car and asked if I could play with it and he said yes. The first stop sign I got to I turned and made sure the rear end did not follow the front

Anyway... I just bought a house and have a horrible job but am hoping I will land my career soon.

What is the lowest I can get into a mustang for (not including taxes)??? I have seen prices all over the place but am not sure what pricing I can get. I am considering buying ford stock so in a year hopefully I have the means to buy the car so I can get the X plan pin from the stock.

I would also be a first time buyer (my SVTf was used) and also a recent college grad (may '09, not sure how long that incentive is good for after grad.)

The dealer I drove the car with said they will match ANY documented price as they are really pushing for higher car allocation so they can fill the lot. Is under invoice really rare on these? Where can I find true invoice pricing? I have checked a few places and the numbers never match up so im not sure. I also dont quite understand how holdback and all of that works out into what the dealership actually makes on a car.

To make it easy:
What is the cheapest I could purchase an '11 GT base model with a stick? Lets leave options out of it to make it easy.

Thanks
Mike (cant wait to be a stang owner!!!)
Old 08-07-2010, 06:00 AM
blm1278
1st Gear Member

I got mine for sticker @ 30,850. I also got the X-plan on mine and it dropped about 1600 off of that. The only option I had on mine was the $250 security package. None of the dealers in my area are selling for below sticker on the '11's right now.
Old 08-07-2010, 06:43 AM
Dr_Gonzo

I got my 2011 GT 6-speed for about $28k and the only option I have is 3.73 gears.
Old 08-07-2010, 06:56 AM
Snakebite64
4th Gear Member

Out this way (Canada) they have started dropping the prices as much as 5,000.00. Good luck down the road!
Old 08-07-2010, 09:38 AM
DanB2398

The sticker on my GT was 35,790 premium package comfort package 19 inch wheels and taped racing strip. I got it under under voice 31800 went to 5 diffrent dealers ended up driving and hour and half a away to find it just a little under invoice. You just need to shop around all dealerships are diffrent
Old 08-07-2010, 10:54 AM
2011CS/GT
2nd Gear Member

Mine stickered for 39k and some change. Got it for 33k and some change.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:06 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

I found out the hard way: In Texas, you will pay full price unless you can purchase under A,D,X, or Z-plans (but you have to be a Ford employee, relative of such an employee, etc.)

To get a PIN from Ford, you have to have proper documentation for that PIN so you can get a discount on that plan.

Other than that, I know of no other Texan who was able to go below MSRP.

2011CS/GT, if you got yours without A,D,X,Z-plan, what dealer did you go to? Because if you got a discount without A,D,X,Z-plan, I am going to kick the everliving s*** out of myself for not going to your salesman instead!
Old 08-07-2010, 10:15 PM
Rebel302
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
I found out the hard way: In Texas, you will pay full price unless you can purchase under A,D,X, or Z-plans (but you have to be a Ford employee, relative of such an employee, etc.)

To get a PIN from Ford, you have to have proper documentation for that PIN so you can get a discount on that plan.

Other than that, I know of no other Texan who was able to go below MSRP.

2011CS/GT, if you got yours without A,D,X,Z-plan, what dealer did you go to? Because if you got a discount without A,D,X,Z-plan, I am going to kick the everliving s*** out of myself for not going to your salesman instead!
Where in Texas are you? In Houston, we have a ton of dealerships & therefore lots of competition. You can get one for under MSRP here easily. My car should be here around the 18th of August & I'm getting mine for under invoice! I'm getting a kona blue 6-spd GT premium/ black leather w/grabber blue accent/ brembo's / security package / & 3.73's. MSRP is $36,575. I'm getting mine for $34,454 minus the $1,000 factory rebate available in my area for a total of $33,454!!! This is without A, B, C, D, or X plan pricing mind you.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:43 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rebel302
Where in Texas are you? In Houston, we have a ton of dealerships & therefore lots of competition. You can get one for under MSRP here easily. My car should be here around the 18th of August & I'm getting mine for under invoice! I'm getting a kona blue 6-spd GT premium/ black leather w/grabber blue accent/ brembo's / security package / & 3.73's. MSRP is $36,575. I'm getting mine for $34,454 minus the $1,000 factory rebate available in my area for a total of $33,454!!! This is without A, B, C, D, or X plan pricing mind you.
I am in Central Texas, Austin Area. But I went down to San Antonio.

In Houston, which dealership offered you the best deal?
Old 08-07-2010, 11:26 PM
Rebel302
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
I am in Central Texas, Austin Area. But I went down to San Antonio.

In Houston, which dealership offered you the best deal?
McRee Ford. It's actually in Dickinson just south of Houston. But still very close to the Houston border. Mac Haik Ford also has many on their website with sale prices on them. Here's a link.

http://www.machaikford.com/new/searc...tput%3Djson%22

It may be closer for you & they're a bigger dealership with more options. But definitely check out McRee if you decide to head to the Houston area.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Test drove the 5.0...holy $hit! What is the lowest I can get a GT for???