Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Lethal Performance 3" Offroad X w/ Magnaflow 3" Competition Catback (Video)

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 08:00 AM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Default Lethal Performance 3" Offroad X w/ Magnaflow 3" Competition Catback (Video)

YouTube- Lethal Performance 3" Offroad X w/ 3" Magnaflow Competition Catback 2011 5.0L Mustang GT

Here's a clip we made of the Lethal Performance 2011 5.0L mustang gt so everyone can hear how amazing the new exhaust setup we put on the car sounds. The combination is simple, makes great power and sounds incredible. We started with our 3" mandrel bent offroad x-pipe and topped off the back half of the system with the Magnaflow 3" Competition Catback w/ Magnapack mufflers. The fit and finish of both of these products is top notch. No cutting or welding required. It all bolts right in and comes with all of the hardware needed.

When you start the car you right away notice the awesome muscle car sound. Once the car comes down to idle it actually has a slight lope to it which is most like more related to tuning of the ti-vct but is much easier heard with the less restrictive aftermarket exhaust.. As you drive away the tone is deep and throaty but not raspy. From inside the car you really feel like this is how the car should have come from the factory. Cruising along there's no drone at any speed or rpm up to 110mph. Not sure after that as that's as fast as I attempted to test the car on the highway.

Under full throttle the same thing applies. A loud throaty american muscle sound without any rasp. For those who are concerned about noise level inside the car you can still listen to the radio and talk on the phone without being overrun by the sound of the exhaust.

With that said I'm going to make my vote and say this is probably the best sounding exhaust setup for the new 2011 5.0L with the stock header manifolds. I highly recommend all of Magnaflow's products as well as they are made from T304 stainless steel, have awesome fitment and come with a limited lifetime warranty.

If you have any other questions regarding our 3" offroad x-pipe or the magnaflow 3" catback please feel free to give us a call.