Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

5.0 envy, immaturity, or general douchebaggery?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 08:48 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

OP, you're the new kid on the block with that car, so you have to expect that cr@p.
Most young guys will do that with any car.
Ricers do it to each other, lol. You know... old civic, new civic.

I also agree that sometimes, a little rev is a cool way to acknowledge each other.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:57 PM
Teggsan

Originally Posted by pascal
OP, you're the new kid on the block with that car, so you have to expect that cr@p.
Most young guys will do that with any car.
Ricers do it to each other, lol. You know... old civic, new civic.

I also agree that sometimes, a little rev is a cool way to acknowledge each other.
I don't really have anything to add to the discussion but I will say, pascal, that I think your ride is one of the tightest on the board.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:23 PM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

yea ill give revs to cars i like. and if they wanna go ill go too even tho almost all the time ill lose lol
and agreed with pascal having one of the nicest cars here
Old 09-12-2010, 09:40 PM
cjs06
2nd Gear Member

Lol, I don't think I've met any douche Mustangs run around. I too like to give friendly revs to most sports cars... yes even turbo 4 bangers.

The funny thing is most young guys with turbo 4bangers don't know about the new 5.0 and they immediately revert to giving the thumbs down... and other obscenities . Thats when I engulf them in tire smoke just to **** them off ;P.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:41 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Sorry to hear of the bad experiences. Hopefully that will change. The only experience I've had with other drivers/mustang owners is them moving out of my way and flagging me onward. Or emptying a parking spot for me lol. But they were definitely over 30. And being 25 and having a 50 year old guy pull over and wave me on (being friendly, not because I tailgate mind you) is a bit embarrassing.

Just carry around a sign in your car you can flash at them that says "Dragstrip anytime asshat!" and carry on.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:32 PM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
Just carry around a sign in your car you can flash at them that says "Dragstrip anytime asshat!" and carry on.
awesome idea lol
i would have put that in my sig if i wasnt already full up lol

Last edited by tigercrazy718; 09-12-2010 at 10:35 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:50 PM
Snakebite64
4th Gear Member

At redlights I stare ahead or pretend I am doing something just to ingnore the pylons out and about. I could never figure out why people drive like F1 racers on city streets, Oh well.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:02 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Snakebite64
At redlights I stare ahead or pretend I am doing something just to ingnore the pylons out and about. I could never figure out why people drive like F1 racers on city streets, Oh well.
I put a knife between my teeth and stare straight at them. Or at their girlfriends if they happen to be in the car. Or I blast Justin Bieber. Either way, they run.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:56 PM
cjs06
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
/facepalm... why didn't I think of that earlier
Old 09-13-2010, 01:22 AM
FastDEW
3rd Gear Member

This thread is kind of funny I think. Pehraps it is because I am 39 and not 19, but who really pays much attention to this? I mean, I could really care less that you have a 5.0 or I have a 4.6 or somebody else has the V6. I bought my car for fun. MY FUN. I really don't even notice too much what the other guy is driving. Have I ran a little jump from a light before? Sure, but mostly I just like my car.

There are assclowns everywhere you go I guess. I have ran into some 2011 guys (on the boards) that seem to say I should feel bad because I bought the 2010, so no 5.0 for me. What idiots they are. I love my 2010 and bought it knowing the 5.0 was coming. So what? It does what I want and is fun to drive and look at.

I have a question - On these guys that you see running through traffic from behind you to pass you up.... How the hell do they even know you are a 5.0 anyway from that distance?

Quick Reply: 5.0 envy, immaturity, or general douchebaggery?