Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

5.0 envy, immaturity, or general douchebaggery?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 10:20 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
Yeah, the CS does not have the 5.0 fender badges on it, which I think is lame. If you have it, flaunt it!

The 4.6 only has the GT badges on the fenders. They don't announce the engine displacement.
GT is an acronym for the Italian word, Gran Tourismo, in English it means Grand Tourer. The name Gran Tourisimo in American lingo has taken the meaning of being a performance luxury car. The Mustang is a performance car, no denying that, but no so much a luxury vehicle like a Caddy or a Lincoln is.
So, by the Zeitgeist of the usage of the acronym GT, GT has dropped the luxury part and simply means "performance."

And of course, the V6 only has Mustang badges on the fenders. You can of course distinguish the GT from the V6 form the front end, as you already said.
My v6 has the pony pkg. and ppl get a little confused when they see it at lights sometimes lol. Yesterday I had a genesis coupe pull up and ask me if I had a "special edition" GT(enblems on the side are different from GT but in the same place)..I was like "no its a v6 w/ package" and then he says "So, its a 4.6L right?"
You find all types in this world, that's what makes life fun.
Old 12-25-2010, 10:30 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by daredevil95
You ever go to the track in Ennis.......there are some very nice cars there and in the parking lot corners there are circus cars lurking and making loud stereo noise and some bright flashing lights as if I'm at an airport or the VIP room at the Fantasy Ranch in Arlington. The sort that likes shiny things anyways....... I would get pissed......I'm at the tree on the track and who do you think pulls up......a honda with a factory smoke stack for an exhaust....not even a race. They shouldn't allow them to race outside their class. Anyways sticking with this thread, they could be irritating when leaving the track....they insist on rev their engines and swooping back and fourth as if they are heating up their tires for a Nascar race......I'm gonna carry a box of nails next time....
Road caltrops! Well, I think these are illegal. Hidalgo County is a border county with Mexico, and that county's law enforcement is trying to get them listed as deadly weapons.

I am not sure if they indeed are that dangerous, I think they would not deflate your tires catastrophically to cause a wreck; just let the air out of the tires at a steady rate such that you are forced to pull over.
So I think the sheriffs and deputies might be exaggerating a fair bit here.

But yeah, if a Ricer is weaving and S*** all over the road, and all of a sudden he sees jacks spill out onto the road, that is sure to make him think twice! And of course, he cleans them up with his tires so that people following him don't run over them! LOL (or at least I wold hope his tires pick them up so there are none left for others to run over!)

Now I am day dreaming: What about a road patriot like the Cali state police uses? CHP has a rocket powered wheeled sled that is remote controlled, and it is flat like a mechanic's dolly. To stop a bad guy, the cop car launches this thing and remote controls it under the bad guy's car. It has a massive EMP device that lets out a big EMP discharge that F***s up the ECU and every pother electronics, meaning the car dies.
With a road patriot, you don't have to worry about flattening any unintended car's tires, only the ricer's car. Just be certain the ricer driver is not wearing a pacemaker to keep him alive!

Sorry, my imagination is getting the best of me this X-mas evening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoBOT1z1Byk
Old 12-25-2010, 10:37 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
Road caltrops! Well, I think these are illegal. Hidalgo County is a border county with Mexico, and that county's law enforcement is trying to get them listed as deadly weapons.

I am not sure if they indeed are that dangerous, I think they would not deflate your tires catastrophically to cause a wreck; just let the air out of the tires at a steady rate such that you are forced to pull over.
So I think the sheriffs and deputies might be exaggerating a fair bit here.

But yeah, if a Ricer is weaving and S*** all over the road, and all of a sudden he sees jacks spill out onto the road, that is sure to make him think twice! And of course, he cleans them up with his tires so that people following him don't run over them! LOL (or at least I wold hope his tires pick them up so there are none left for others to run over!)

Now I am day dreaming: What about a road patriot like the Cali state police uses? CHP has a rocket powered wheeled sled that is remote controlled, and it is flat like a mechanic's dolly. To stop a bad guy, the cop car launches this thing and remote controls it under the bad guy's car. It has a massive EMP device that lets out a big EMP discharge that F***s up the ECU and every pother electronics, meaning the car dies.
With a road patriot, you don't have to worry about flattening any unintended car's tires, only the ricer's car. Just be certain the ricer driver is not wearing a pacemaker to keep him alive!

Sorry, my imagination is getting the best of me this X-mas evening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoBOT1z1Byk
Yea your correct.....now that I thought about it.....I'll pull over and let the circus drive by, but then again I could I could also start swooping back and fourth....we'll look like a bunch of drunks.