Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

How fast will the 5.0 go?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 09:42 PM
DanielKSpencer
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by LegendLives
Let me get this right, on this continent 70 is like driving 160+ on the other continent? Thats got to be one of the dumbest things I ever heard.
I've heard a lot of ricer math, but now we got ricer geometry, lol
Old 09-28-2010, 09:44 PM
FastDEW
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by LegendLives
Let me get this right, on this continent 70 is like driving 160+ on the other continent? Thats got to be one of the dumbest things I ever heard.
Have you ever been to Germany?

And yes, I feel way more comfortable in Germany at 160 than in the USA at 70. It is not the speed as much as the a$$clowns we share the road with.

Nobody said you have to like it.......
Old 09-28-2010, 10:23 PM
sadface
2nd Gear Member

well as far as a*sclowns italy has plenty

everyone there has a hurray for me f*ck everyone else mentality, and the nanny state gov condones it with its lack of enforcement for ANY law it seems

when we heard my mom went septic and i raced from the town to roma i passed a cop on the breakdown lane doing 160km the cop didnt care at all theres no enforcement of the autostrada

people constantly drive like asses to the point i got out when a couple ripped the mirror off my POS punto rental tring to force his way over 2 lanes at a toll booth bottleneck that i got out cursing him and his wife out and putting my fist in his VWs fender with a nice dent

the bike riders are even worse they will run anyone down people are openly drunk while driving and care not for stop lights, cant tell you how many times i was almost hit walking a cross walk, i almost got in so many damn fights were i would of killed that person (the reason i was there was my mother got hit by a tram in the crosswalk, we think the driver was drunk but the police "forgot" to test the driver)

maybe its germany they have a different way of acting but italy especially in the cities has complete disreguard for human life
Old 09-28-2010, 10:27 PM
chain1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sadface
well as far as a*sclowns italy has plenty

everyone there has a hurray for me f*ck everyone else mentality, and the nanny state gov condones it with its lack of enforcement for ANY law it seems

when we heard my mom went septic and i raced from the town to roma i passed a cop on the breakdown lane doing 160km the cop didnt care at all theres no enforcement of the autostrada

people constantly drive like asses to the point i got out when a couple ripped the mirror off my POS punto rental tring to force his way over 2 lanes at a toll booth bottleneck that i got out cursing him and his wife out and putting my fist in his VWs fender with a nice dent

the bike riders are even worse they will run anyone down people are openly drunk while driving and care not for stop lights, cant tell you how many times i was almost hit walking a cross walk, i almost got in so many damn fights were i would of killed that person (the reason i was there was my mother got hit by a tram in the crosswalk, we think the driver was drunk but the police "forgot" to test the driver)

maybe its germany they have a different way of acting but italy especially in the cities has complete disreguard for human life
There is a big difference between driving in Germany and driving in Italy (and yes I've done both). That being said, driving at high speeds while holding a video camera is just idiotic. All someone who is doing this proves is that they are not mature enough to drive a car at any speed. I mean what WAS the point?
Old 09-28-2010, 10:32 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by FastDEW
This is my Mustang on full boil. Of course I have the super secret magnetic fuel line performance improvement device from the JC Whitney catalog.
Rofl! Well then, if someone will believe 454 MPH, I have some ocean front property in Las Vegas going very cheap!

The magnetic fuel line totally made my evening!
Old 09-28-2010, 10:36 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by FastDEW
Have you ever been to Germany?

And yes, I feel way more comfortable in Germany at 160 than in the USA at 70. It is not the speed as much as the a$$clowns we share the road with.

Nobody said you have to like it.......
I totally agree. German drivers are very disciplined people and they do not do stupid $#!+ like cut people off. Even at 150+ MPH, a German driver will signal his intent, and merge safely into the next lane. Not any of this weaving $#!+ you see in US rush hour road-rage highways.

Also, the German freeways, especially their interstates (what we all know as autobahns), are MADE for very high speeds. The US interstates are full of very dangerous winds and turns and rather steep climbs. The autobahns are very straight with very gentle curves and turns. Their highways can take the speeds. US interstates cannot.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:36 PM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

Last edited by BruceH; 01-02-2011 at 12:28 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:48 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

I just wish people here in the states would observe such things and obey the common road courtesies.
Too many @$$ clowns are on the damn highways trying to make a damn point. The speeders are trying to speed as fast as they can, and they do stupid crap like passing on the right.
And there are even more stupid slow people who make it a point to purposefully drive slowly on the passing lane.
Then there are the ***-tards that simply do not care what lane they drive in and will NEVER move over for someone to pass them because they have that entitlement attitude of "Its my highway , I pay taxes therefore I can drive on it anyway I like."

The most stupid people are the texters and people driving while on the phone. I have very little patience for these tards because not only do they drive in the passing lane too slow (they are too busy to even pay attention at who is coming up from behind to move over), these losers are an absolute danger to EVERYONE on the freeway.
To these people, I have no regrets or hesitation honking the horn at them until I see them move the phone off their heads.

I just wish I could call the cops and report them. But unfortunately, the ways the laws are set up, cops cannot do a damn thing unless they themselves see the texter/phone talker doing this dangerous activity.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:14 AM
explict
4th Gear Member

This thread is full of so much tech my head is going to explode.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:36 AM
FastDEW
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by explict
This thread is full of so much tech my head is going to explode.
Didn't we see you earlier trying to moderate another thread? I guess you've been sticking strickly to the rules your whole life.......

Quick Reply: How fast will the 5.0 go?