Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

to brembo or not to brembo?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 09:13 AM
jackal119
1st Gear Member

There is no change in the suspension it remains the same as a normal GT would have with or without this package.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:16 AM
Spd2Stang

^ are you absolutly sure on that?

Ive read several places that changes are made to the ESC (sport mode), lower control arms, plus you get the strut tower brace w/ any of the 19's you purchase.

now let me find that info.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:21 AM
Spd2Stang

As Promised

Other features sure to improve the overall handling of the 2011 GT include an enhanced rear lower control arm to add stiffness, and a stiffened rear stabilizer bar for better on-center steering. Ford said stabilizer bar diameters, spring rates, and dampers have also been tuned for “improved dynamics.” In addition, a tower-to-tower front strut brace is now standard equipment, and the V-brace has been stiffened by adding gussets. Ford said the secondary cross member also has been stiffened while a front Z-brace has been added, connecting primary and secondary cross members. A-pillar stiffening foam also has been added to increase the rigidity of the car.

Those buyers looking for additional performance can opt for a special Brembo brake package. Ford said this package includes 14-inch vented front discs from the GT500 Mustang, unique 19-inch alloy wheels, and summer performance tires.

http://mustangs.about.com/od/2011/a/2011mustanggt.htm
Old 10-26-2010, 12:27 PM
jackal119
1st Gear Member

Spd2Stang, you just answered your own question. Every 2011 GT has those features. Just read that last line about the additional performance option.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:08 PM
5ohwhoa

Originally Posted by Spd2Stang
As Promised

Other features sure to improve the overall handling of the 2011 GT include an enhanced rear lower control arm to add stiffness, and a stiffened rear stabilizer bar for better on-center steering. Ford said stabilizer bar diameters, spring rates, and dampers have also been tuned for “improved dynamics.” In addition, a tower-to-tower front strut brace is now standard equipment, and the V-brace has been stiffened by adding gussets. Ford said the secondary cross member also has been stiffened while a front Z-brace has been added, connecting primary and secondary cross members. A-pillar stiffening foam also has been added to increase the rigidity of the car.

Those buyers looking for additional performance can opt for a special Brembo brake package. Ford said this package includes 14-inch vented front discs from the GT500 Mustang, unique 19-inch alloy wheels, and summer performance tires.

http://mustangs.about.com/od/2011/a/2011mustanggt.htm
You're taking that out of context - that passage is describing all '11 5.0s, not just the Brembo equipped ones. As previously stated, the only "suspension" difference really isn't a suspension difference - the ESC is slightly retuned for the Brembo models.

If you want the Brembos, then go for them. They're a bit overkill for daily driving though. You really need to track the car to realize the benefits of having them.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:28 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 5ohwhoa
You're taking that out of context - that passage is describing all '11 5.0s, not just the Brembo equipped ones. As previously stated, the only "suspension" difference really isn't a suspension difference - the ESC is slightly retuned for the Brembo models.

If you want the Brembos, then go for them. They're a bit overkill for daily driving though. You really need to track the car to realize the benefits of having them.
I appreciated them in traffic the other day.. lady in front of me stopped cold on the highway..
Old 10-26-2010, 02:10 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MrSandman
I appreciated them in traffic the other day.. lady in front of me stopped cold on the highway..
Well if you weren't riding her *** so close.....
Old 10-26-2010, 02:36 PM
Spd2Stang

Originally Posted by jackal119
Spd2Stang, you just answered your own question. Every 2011 GT has those features. Just read that last line about the additional performance option.
Originally Posted by 5ohwhoa

My mistake, i read that article thinking they were only talking about 11's w/ brembos not all 11's in general.

You posted right under someone who has already stated that anyway. Also read my sig i already have the brembo's.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:00 PM
kev152
1st Gear Member

I'd say unless you are going to push your car hard on the track, or you simply want the summer tires..then the regular brakes are fine.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:42 PM
SandMan123
1st Gear Member

The only downside to the 19" wheels is the extra cost of replacing tires. Otherwise they look great. I've autocrossed my car in 100 degree heat and the stock brakes worked just fine at those lower speed ranges. For an open track event, according to some mags, if you are doing multiple hot laps you will need to upgrade even the std brembo package.

Quick Reply: to brembo or not to brembo?